Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
And in a related story, Matt "No, Thanks Very Much, I'm Comfy Right Here" Mladin was told about the changes to the 07 lineup, and responded by continuing to snore.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Wow, that's long winded. Here's a simple translation :

Since we couldn't get the rules fixed in our favor we are taking our marbles and going home.

·
Registered
424 Posts
This makes me wonder if they will be coming back in 08 with a v4?

Can anyone tell me if they still plan to race in formula xtreme? (I seem to remember something about a rules change that would allow the 999r in FX)

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Another prediction by the Great Motorcycle Prophet (GMP) comes true.. GPTB do not doubt the GMP again.. The slow death of twins in racing continues sez kpaul

·
Registered
1 Posts
Being an avid Ducatista I am very sad to read this but not surprised in the least. I know a lot of people think Ducati is whinning about the rules but remember they have two less cylinders that make them less competitive. The only reason the run in the top 10 is because they push the motor to its limits, which is much less than that of the 4's. Hope to see them in 2008 with either the new 1200cc twin or a variation of the V4 Desmosidici!

·
Registered
46 Posts
According to an interview I read in Roadracing World, Ducati is replacing the 999 series bike with a 1200 cc version, not because they are not competitive in racing, KPaul, but to compete in HP numbers on the street. They wish to race what they build as their bread and butter sports line, not the Desmosideci which is the "halo" model. They've already talked the WSB guys into it as far as I know. If they aren't making a bike that can fall under AMA rules, and the AMA won't change their rules, then they don't play. Simple as that.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Funny how the death of the Vtwin became the death of the Vtwin in racing and now it's the long, slow death of the Vtwin in racing.

I predict a million years from now, there is a 50/50 chance the earth will erupt in a ball of flames.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
O how they howl when KP is right about a thing...

Big deal Ducati is dropping out, I don't remember even seeing any of them on the tube, they too far back out of the picture except when crashing...

No way a 1000cc 2-cyl. engine can make as much power as a 4-cyl. without spending about 5x as much $$$ maybe. I don't know how AMA didn't realize that when they changed the rules? another mentally challenged decision...

V2 used to have traction advantage, but that is out the window now that EFI is here.

Yeah, they should build a factory 749R and race Formula Xtreme, which would then be even more the most interesting class in AMA.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Takes a big man to admit he's wrong there Longride. I don't mean physically big. You still backing W? He's really making a case for staying the course.

"Because you guys are wrong."

funny if not so tragic.

1 - 20 of 119 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.