Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
It definitely looks like a great jacket, but it would look pretty silly if I was riding around on my 97 Honda Magna in a Ducati jacket. I think I'll stick to the Gericke jacket I got a few years ago, it seems to have all the same features, and my warm weather lining comes out. I do wish it had the collar that zipped all the way up, instead of the neck collar that attaches to the liner.

Now for the girl in the jacket ... she can ride on the back of the Magna any time!

·
Registered
1 Posts
You start your article by whining about financial hardship and end it by admitting that it took you a month to write it. A rather transparent connection, don't you think?

Just kidding, keep up the slow work!

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
Re: Wow!

Seeing you on that scooter has changed my whole opinion on scooters (see scooter feedback). Yep I love scooters especially when the are ridden by someone as lovely as you. Wow!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I like the fact that you have started doing much more in the way of product reviews. Nice jacket, but well beyond that which my meager allowance, ( I mean salary) will afford. How about throwing in a few more reviews of dare I say bargain items. I personally own a joe rocket meteor jacket which I love and a pair of prexport 539wp boots which I absolutely worship. Both of these were sourced out at very reasonable prices. I live right on the other side of the bridge from the holy grail of motorcycling (that being aerostich) and someday will have enough to afford one of their roadcrafter suits (By the way, all of the rumors are true, all of the people at aerostich are great) But until that magical payday happens, how about a little help steering us in the direction of good quality, good price.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Mo Leatha

I'm normally a textile jacket/suit kind of guy because it, and I, are so practical, but I picked up a First Gear Scout leather jacket last spring in a closeout sale, and I just love it. I don't know why -- it's a lust thing too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey Mattg, Ditto on the Aerostich comment. However, I bought a TourMaster Cortech 1pc suit, which is very credible as a poor man's Roadcrafter. $320. Almost as easy to put on, good padding, very waterproof. I like it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion, the problem is about half the aerostich staff are regular customers of mine, very good ones I might add, and I like my head where it is.

·
Registered
236 Posts
You'd look sillier wearing H-D gear on the Magna, but I see your point. I always wondered why the Ducati branded items cost more from Dainese than their own label. Seems there should be a smaller market and all that econ stuff.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.