Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Idea: Ducati Something v. 'Zuki SV650 v. Guzzi Breva v. Kawi ZR7S v. Triumph Speed4. (It wasn't entirely fair to run it against the 600SSs; I think it's more comparable to the mid size naked bikes)

I'd pay to read that.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Free swag, huh? Think they'll be giving away any of those unsold 2001 models?

Imagine how many posers you'll get at Beverly Hills Ducati. I'm suprised I didn't think of opening a dealership there. How about you, Buz? What kind of a businessman are you to miss a golden opportunity like this?

Betcha you can make a killing selling red armchaps and tires with the sidewalls pre-worn-down to hide the chickenstrips.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Since I'm more of a Sport-touring guy we'll also have a service where we can spin your odometer ahead and give you an album full of snapshots so you can brag about all of your journeys.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
I've got it! We'll offer an entire suite of modifications that will make any bike appear to have been really wrung out.

Tire scuffing.

Footpeg chamferring.

Strategically placed dings.

Preworn brakepads.

Kneepad shaving.

The list is endless. We'll have the Fishburnes and Hasselhoffs of this world eating out of our hands.

If Vetter and Corbin can get rich selling schlock, why not us?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Poorman's Ducati

There's two new Ducks on the way to MO, one for a shootout involving everyone's favorite comparison: the new SV-650. Stay tuned.
Let me guess, the SV will loose the shoot out, but win the sales war.

Then again, as the SV now has a cult following 2nd only to H-D why bother? Its become a platform or endless modification. Nothing in its class even comes close.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Matrix bike stunts

I read that Carrie Anne Moss (AKA Trinity) did most of the stunt riding on that oh-so-cool black 996 herself. If that's true, that's pretty damn respectable and cool. Against-traffic motorcycle/car stunt scene... seems like more actors are doing their own stunt driving/riding, a la Hugh Jackman in "Swordfish." Anyone know anything more about this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.