Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
im biased...ill admit it...i dont like ducatis...i just dont by this nonsense about them being ferrari's version of bikes...this much is true, they are very expensive, which generally tends to hurt sales. Some of you may say "price is not everything" and youre right, its not. Price is the most important thing out of all the things about a bike though. This shake up in management tells me that something didnt get accomplished--im thinking sales-- and the captain of the ship had to take the fall for it. Tough position Mr Piazza was on. Its not easy to sell bikes in the teens. Even more difficult in years where the economy takes a pounding (unemployment, frozen 401k's, etc)

They need to do something and its not firing their management staff. They have to face the facts, they need to be more competitive price wise. its a simple solution. Even if theyre underpowered and uncomfortable, if they cost the same (or somewhere close) people may go for their option. Glamour should cost hundreds not thousands. If they dont like it...well theres the possibility of an explosive iraqui market once we're done there...

·
Registered
52 Posts
im biased...ill admit it...i dont like ducatis...i just dont buy this nonsense about them being ferrari's version of bikes...this much is true, they are very expensive, which generally tends to hurt sales. Some of you may say "price is not everything" and youre right, its not. Price is the most important thing out of all the things about a bike though. This shake up in management tells me that something didnt get accomplished--im thinking sales-- and the captain of the ship had to take the fall for it. Tough position Mr Piazza was on. Its not easy to sell bikes in the teens. Even more difficult in years where the economy takes a pounding (unemployment, frozen 401k's, etc)

They need to do something and its not firing their management staff. They have to face the facts, they need to be more competitive price wise. its a simple solution. Even if theyre underpowered and uncomfortable, if they cost the same (or somewhere close) people may go for their option. Glamour should cost hundreds not thousands. If they dont like it...well theres the possibility of an explosive iraqui market once we're done there...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.