Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Hopefully it won't be THAT long! By the time Honda have the 600RRs available to mere mortals (as opposed to the factory supported racers), KPaul will have changed his mind at least once, as soon as one of the print magazines picks the next "newest and greatest." ;-)

Cheers

Bob

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
KPaulKook wouldn't actually buy or ride a Honda 600. That would take too much valuable time away from reading all the motorcycle magazines and press outlets. How else are you going to learn about bikes unless you spend all your time reading about them?

·
Registered
373 Posts
This is truly a motorcycle that I want and so I contacted Ducati a few weeks back when it was mentioned here at MO. At that time Ducati's response was that they didn't know when it would comes to the States. I have always wanted a naked bike and this is it. The liquid-cooled is a major bonus from an engineering point. I'd best be heading down to my new Ducati dealer in my area and my start the ball rolling for when they arrive.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
I agree that the aircooled Monsters are my favorites.

To me, the aircooled ones just look better -- face it, the designers of the liquid-cooled series of motors never intended it to be exposed.

The aircooled version just seems to fit the Monster mission better.

Just my opinion

Bob

·
Registered
406 Posts
This should make the the next installment of the naked comparo very interesting. Just think MO you could throw all sorts of new bikes in the mix this time. You could even make it a naked v-twin vs. naked inline 4 duel . Ducati S4R, Buell XB9S and Sv1000 ( completely naked if you please) vs. Kawa z1000, 919, FZ1 and the Speed Four just for fun. The only problem then is: where are you going to put the Speed Triple?

·
Registered
30 Posts
I think I'm warming up to this new breed of Monster. It's definitely uglier than it's air cooled brothers but it's got way more power. The problem is still that the swingarm is disgusting. I would prefer a nice quality double sided swing arm to that bathroom plumbing style single. And why the hell are they hyping the "practical and elegant variable cross-section aluminum handlebar"? WHO CARES?? Would the performance overcome the ugliness? I think it's too close to call but the 14 g's makes it a little easier, so ummmmm, no thanks, how about a cagiva raptor instead, should be less, even with the shipping.

·
Registered
154 Posts
actually, I wasn't talking about the look at all. I was talking of the running characteristic. The 2 valve desmo due mill is a really colorful character, with all kinds of personality quirks, rattles, buzzes, primary and secondary vibration, imperfect power band and throttle behaviour, etc. Compared to it, the 4 valve water cooled engines are refined, polished, perfectly mannered, and just too good.

I ride a ZX-12R and trust me, I know how nice power is. but I don't need more power from a monster than what the 900 engine had, about 75rwhp. For me, Ducatis aren't about going fast. They're about warming the ****les of my heart. The old engine does that, the 4 valver does not......

·
Registered
356 Posts
He is avoidin the subject......

10 bucks says he ****ed it up and is paying some shop out the wazzoo and doesnt want to fess up to it, lol ;)

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I agree, the air cooled ones seem to fit the monster profile better, and the 4 valves service intervals and cost just seem too high for me, maybe for a track bike or a sunday driver, but I average close to 20k miles a year, I'd either be spending alot of time or a lot of money on maintainance with a 4v as my daily driver and I've got enough demands on my time as it is.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.