Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Nothing better on the track

I don't know much about this bike, but I can tell you that I have ridden a lot of bikes: owned, borrowed and test ridden and nothing I repeate nothing felt more natural to me or allowed me to go as quickly around the race track as a Ducati ST3 and 999.

They both felt very natural and I felt at one with them from the get go.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
They'd sell ten times more of these if it had a modern liquid-cooled engine instead of that old air-cooled lump.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Clever little remark.. But, in Buells case I don't thing folks are hung up on the air-cooled part they just want better performance.. Ducati does a really good job with the Monster line with air cooled twins

·
Registered
320 Posts
You're being funny right? If not, then why not go the whole hog and just stick a nice I4 engine down there? Then we can yet one more souless sportbike howling around but with a cool retro bullet fairing.

Not everyone who rides a motorcycle is motivated by parking lot horse power pissing contests you know.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
Ah, that's what Monter SRS's are for. The "old air-cooled" lump is for the the traditionalist. Except for that new "oil-bath" clutch it's a completely cool, suprisingly well-handling, easy to insure motorcycle that gets no time of day sitting on a showroom floor.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
To quote Gabe..

"What we do know is this motor makes 81.07hp on our Dynojetto di Motociclo.com, with 61.67 foot-pounds of torque, and can rev to almost 9,000 rpm."

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Imagine a passenger leaning on you as well!

I'd go for the version with the higher bars as well.

I wish it hadn't been snowing the day I was at the office. I would have taken that baby for a spin!

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
(All figures manufacturer-claimed, because I couldn't find 2006/2007 S2R dyno runs)

Buell XB9SX:

Displacement: 984cc

Power: 92 HP

Torque: 95 Nm

Ducati Monster S2R:

Displacement: 992cc

Power: 95 HP

Torque: 94 Nm

So, Ducati does a "really good job", and Buells are underpowered?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
"You're being funny right?"

Yes. It's an endangered form of humor known as "irony."

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: To quote Gabe..

I'm not sure what the significance of revving to 9,000 rpm is. Could the experts (Sean, Seru, etc) tell me why that's a good thing?

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Re: To quote Gabe..

No offense to those guys. I think the folks that have and ride Buells could tel you as well. gbrummett check out his and nweaver was highly critical of the limited power rpm range.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
It's the delivery of the power and torque that's the issue. See posts by nweaver and gbrummett They can articulate the problem

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
It's the delivery of the power and torque that's the issue. See posts by nweaver and gbrummett They can articulate the problem

1 - 20 of 108 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.