Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Considering the budget of GP teams, I don't think the price of gas is a factor ;^)

The new GP rules will let Honda finally unleash their oval piston beast on the world (ala the NR750).

Foggy has even told Ducati to ditch the WSBK team and race under the new GP rules. Good luck. Those rules will favor the deepest pockets (Honda).

kman

·
Registered
42 Posts
RC51 faster than 500s at Suzuka

I understand that Japanese superbike ace Makoto Tamada just set the all time lap record at Suzuka 2 weeks ago at the same Honda test that Kurtis Roberts and Nicky Hayden took part in. This reminds me of the observation that when 500s switched to unleaded fuel 3 years back they went faster because the horsepower was cut down and the bikes became tamer. Like the Pirelli ad says power without control is nothing (or something like that) Superbikes are manageable, so riders can concentrate on technique. This is why they are starting to go faster than 500s.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.