Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's amazing, while I don't own a Ducati, the company never stops short of cutting edge. And how you might ask, when introducing such replicas? Well, let's see, and perhaps others might learn as well.

While producing two of the most amazing modern sportbikes on the planet, the 999 and it's baby brother, Ducati has set itself well ahead of the the compitition. Sure there are other mom and pop companies who are producing truly state of the art machines, but none with the mass appeal and visseral raction of the Italia/Texan machine.

Now along with these two bikes the Duke has introduced a step back in visual time yet maintained a foot well placed in the future. I can only hope others pick up this notion and follow suit.

Imagine every rider needing a retro bike for tooling around town, and an ultra sleek modern rocket or standard for weekend road rage. And if the gods of the pocketbook allow a touring machine stashed in the garage for those ever important roadtrips.

I can dream can't I....

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
By far the coolest thing they've done since the monster was born. Way to go! I'll be down at Atlanta Ducati waiting patiently on the loading dock for my GT.

·
Registered
373 Posts
2004 is going to be a great year for motorcycle enthusiasts. Kenny Dreer has just released his Norton Commando 952, Ducati keeps expanding its line up, Triumph is adding their HUGE Rocket III to its offerings...life couldn't get any better.

·
Registered
66 Posts
cool

but, GT looks like it was made by former communist country in East Europe.

PS & Sport looks like a joke if you compare with the real ones...

Nonetheless, it's still cool.

Nice bike for street riding with modern technology. Looks like it'll be fun to customize it to annoy neighbors.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Yes, but when they finally blow up, will they shoot ball bearings out of the exhaust pipe, like my old RT450 did?

Now that's hard to replicate. Maybe add a "ball bearing" injection system somewhere in the exhaust system. Try to keep true to the Ducati heritage.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Thanks for the post. These are beautiful machines. And now that my local ace Ducati/BMW mechanic has opened his own shop, I might be able to afford the valve maintenance.

Hmmm.... I’m thinkin’ that retro GT 1000 would look mighty fine under my "sport classic" butt....

·
Registered
28 Posts
way cool

i was dismayed when the single worst feature of the MH (the tail) that prevented me from buying that bike was adopted by ducati as the new design signature (999, multistrada). between that and the similarly ugly rear ends on the new bmw cars the world was coming to an end... but now there is hope. ducati, PLEASE put these in production. i'll take a PS. now if only bmw would get a clue.

·
Registered
730 Posts
There they go again........IF they ever make em and IF I had the money and IF my wife let me have a 10th bike(including MXers and dirttracker)----which one would I buy.the Paul smart or the sport??!!! what a tuff decision!!!! the GT leaves me a little cool but from other posts a lot of folk like it so it seems ducati hit the mark;beauty 's in the eye of the beholder and these bikes are gorgeous

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.