Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
My brain/checkbook interface bounces between the Moto-Guzzi V11 Scura, the Thruxton Triumph and the MultiStrada with an Ultra-Glide lurking in the background.

I guess there's room in there for a yaller Sport 1000 as well.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Oh my... mighty tasty morsels. PLEASE put these in production, Ducati.

That Sport 1000 looks groin-grabbingly good, to paraphrase Homer Simpson. A café racer so blazingly yellow/orange colored, with the old-style Ducati logo on the tank, is a major wallet-magnet for me. Topping everything off, that fully-adjustable suspension... such sweet icing on the cake.

·
Registered
295 Posts
I was about to buy a new bike. Now I have to wait. These new Ducs are perhaps the most beautiful machines I have ever seen. Please, please, Ducati bring them here. Remind all of the people who ride that beautiful design and motorcycling as an art form was born in Italia.

Vlad

·
Registered
90 Posts
Want.Sport.1000.

Must.Have.Sport.1000.

I would knock the bottom out of that bike, and that ain't just the beer talkin'...

Okay, so it's the wine that came after the beer, but still... That yellow bike just calls to me...

Just gorgeous...

-=Goggles=-

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's not all Boomers. By the time I was born, Ike was long gone, but I like these bikes too.

I think it's a case of certain styling cues being classically beautiful. These are motorcycles that look like motorcycles.

Up until my T100 Bonneville purchase in August I'd never owned anything but Japanese fours. Now, there aren't too many bikes in that category that thrill me anymore. They're smooth, powerful, and capable, but they don't have much style.

It's not always a tragedy when function takes a backseat to form. Although, in the case of these Ducs, it looks like one could have their cake and eat it too. Yummy.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Unfreakingbelievably gorgeous.

Now only if they can be somewhat practical.

I own a 996, and anyone with one of the 916 family of bikes know that they need at least one more real-world bike for days other than the canyons or the track.

One of these guys can suit the bill nicely... As long as the damn valve adjustment intervals are more real-world....

·
Registered
1 Posts
Loved the PS. Take a deep breath guys, I've got news though: Not liking new stuff is a trusty sign of getting old at heart. There is beauty in innovation, and, yes: especially in the Multistrada's arse, whether us old folks like it or not. Of course it's OK to ride a Commando and listen to the Doors, it's just not getting you anywhere new. Let's free our mind and our ass will follow as George put it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just because it's new, doesn't make it pretty. The AMC Pacer, the Ford Fairmont (late 70's version), and Chrysler's K cars were all new once, but they where homely from the start. Time hasn't helped. I'm sure the Pontiac Aztec will not be a much sought after collector vehicle in the coming decades. The most recent Ford Thunderbirds probably will be.

Some designs just have a timeless beauty that ages very well. Others are ugly from day one, and only look worse as the years roll by.

Hmmmm, kind of like people, I guess. ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Beautiful bikes... I went to Tokyo to see them in the flesh but alas they had been moved! I like em all but particularly the screaming yellow bike... now but a passenger seat on it and sell it to me already....

·
Registered
28 Posts
Maybe these doofuses could just go to the Ducati website and download the 22 page brochure which contains lots of high res photos and also puts to rest any conjecture about whether these are really production models.

41 - 60 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.