Motorcycle Forums banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
You are rewriting history.

"The top manufacturers want to be in the premier classes."

"

Only if it is fair... is my point think you didn't get that out of my discussion. A 750 4 vs 1000 V-Twin wasn't fair cause Ducati and the Honda RC-51 dominated.. So Yamaha pulled out of WSB and AMA. Kawasaki soon followed

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
Re: You are rewriting history.

The only discussion you seem to have is with yourself.

Who says that allowing an displacement increase for twins isn't fair? You? I understand that the I-4 factories don't want it, but that doesn't mean it's not fair. They have a vested interest. And a lot has changed since the days of the 1000cc twin vs. the 750 fours, most notably the development of the 1000cc I-4 bikes.

Instead of a 250cc increase, they'll be getting 200 this time around and they'll get no other additional mods. If someone can make a strong case why 200cc is too much, I'd be willing to listen. No one has yet. But if someone does, then maybe give them 150cc extra.

Do you really want to see Ducati leave WSBK? I don't. And there's no reason why we can't have different engine configs with different displacement limits. Bring on the triples, too. And the sixes if someone wants to build and sell one.

Someone has even built a 588cc bike with a circa- 1994 Norton rotary engine, all modern electronics and a new chassis. Word is they'll be racing it soon. Wouldn't you love to see that in WBSK if they get that far?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Oh. I got it, AirHawk. Keep up the good work!Without posters like you and I to throw in the random buttpirate references and debate really important things like omologation, this site would quickly degenerate into another political biatchesfest or worse...just another motorcycle site. Keep the faith, motobrother.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
So you understand. Good.

;^D

61 - 67 of 67 Posts