Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
..."in a staggering chain of events, a series of crashes put all big four bikes out of the competition in this years Daytona 200. Sources close to the event quote Duhamel as saying "I was about to pass Penzkofer when this mysterious oil slick just seemed to appear out of nowhere in front of me in turn two and I went down like an old Mitsubishi Zero shot full of .50 cal slugs from a F4U Corsair."

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
could be Buell SWEEP! o that would twist some panties possibly fatally... again, at least it will be fun to watch for a change. maybe. tho somebody will find a way to screw everything up no doubt with a last-minute disqualification of pirelli tires or missing ama sticker or...

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Badda bing...

..I'll be here all week. Try the fish. Please.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
...no my bourgeois fellow, it was a loose supposed humorous analogy concocted to juxtapose diverse synergies (the ying and yang if you will) between the big 4 Japanese bikes and ahem...Buells.

Personally I hope those antiquated feed grinders kick the arses of the so called "uber bikes" and prove that once and for all it's not the dog in the fight, it's the...err...fog in the dike..? Bike in the hog... Whatever.

And who be boru4761? Isn’t seen your handle 'round these parts mistah. Maybe we should settle this like men. CL350's at 20 paces.

Guns bottles fists knives, all the same to me.

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
F4U's (or FG1's for that matter) were not operational until 1943, and were not able to participate in the Battle of Midway, June 1942.

You really should have known.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re:Mr. Know It All?

Is that you?

·
Registered
540 Posts
I didn't know Buell made a 600cc bike!? Surely they're not racing liter Buell's against 600cc Jap bikes?!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
put ducamel on one them VTX1300 cruisers, they are expendable. O liquid-cooled huh? Sorry...

I think cook neilsen could win it again this year on old Ducati. anybody notified him?

·
Registered
406 Posts
I got it and I appreciated it. I should have put a little ;) on the end of my comment.

With that being said...

Engarde, villain! I accept your challenge! Only the weapon of choice will be CLK350s (which is what I read the first time thru) and I propose 30 paces so that we will at least be going fast enough to set the airbags off.

Furthermore, the winner of said contest will be the sole owner of any and all 'fog in the dike' to do with as he pleases.

If you find these terms acceptable, I will await your answer in the courtyard of the Rusty Nut saloon at dawn on the morrow.

P.S. We can avoid any and all verbal sparring and/or moto dueling if you would be willing to withdraw your accusation of my membership in the bourgeoisie. Despite the overwhelming nature of the current cultural hegemony, I felt that my faux email address would give me away to any fellow lumpenprole.

[email protected]

It is all proliterian all the time over here, baby ;)

·
Registered
406 Posts
You are correct. Midway just sprang off the tongue. They were still trying to make things happen with the old Duantless at that point. I should have caught that. I am not worthy. I am going home now.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Wasn't your "four days left in your account" about a week ago?

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
The Dauntless was a divebomber. You're looking for Wildcats, I think.

Military hardware trivia makes me all tingly.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.