Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Re: Buell Qualified 8th

My thoughts exactly. Rumor has it that none of the Buells are running on qualifying tires either, so it should be interesting to see how qualifying times translate to actual race pace. If the bike stays together I'll bet on McWilliams keeping it in the top ten. Color me excited.

Of course, the big downer is that I'll be far away from Daytona or Speed TV this weekend. I've got a friend DVRing the race for me, so if I avoid the spoilers I won't know what actually happened till Monday or so.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
$30k Buells I thunk? McWilliams is the man, 1.5 seconds off pace on the ol' antique. If they are that close at Daytona, which is a unique horsepower track, Buell may have something for them at places that reward handling more than hp.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey, with an extra 800cc, they should be able to spend a lot less to accomplish the same HP. Of course that assumes that all of the comments from the Buell proponents that the XBRR is actually a viable racing platform. Btw, Jeremy McWilliams would probably wax Disalvo on equal bikes, and has far more experience in development of race bikes.

Maybe it is just me, but it seems if they don't compete well this weekend, it will be a huge knock on the argument that vtwins make such great racing packages!!

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
yer right there jb. I hit the 5 instead of the 3 key.

I think what's most noticeable is the aerodynamic appearance of the Buell which should help on the faster straights.

I still think it's a pipe dream to win Daytona this year. There's still a lot of development work to do I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
well by the numbers daytona ain't gonna happen. But when i first saw lap times mcwilliams was 4 sec. behind disalvo, now it is only 1.5 sec. it would be cool if Buell has gas stored inside that big fairing eh? One less stop eh? nudge nudge?

tires might be problem tho. U c Geoff May was kicking butt in superstock before going backwards on his Pirellis.

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
It's nice that I "work" from home and can watch all this stuff.

Where are all the complainers *****ing about the "Nascar channel?" 3 1/2 hours of consecutive coverage today and I'll bet Speed is losing money hand over fist doing it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.