Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Tried the Sport Demon on the wife's XL1200S as it was one of the few V rated tyres available in that size. Seemed to be a great tyre, with a good profile for leaning it in. Can't say about life, though, yet.

P.S. to us colonials it is tyre, not tire, as we are not sleepy yet!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tire has several meanings other than tired(sleepy) here in the 'ol US.

1.head covering: a woman's head covering or ornament ( archaic )

2. exhaust somebody's interest: to lose interest in and become bored and impatient with somebody or something, or cause somebody to do this

3.rubber edging for wheel: a hollow band of rubber, often reinforced with fibers of other material, fitted around the outer edge of a vehicle's wheel and filled with compressed air

4. metal edging: a band of metal fitted for reinforcement to the rims of wheels on various vehicles, e.g. handcarts and railroad cars

Oh yea here is the def. for Tyre.

1.automotive

U.K. spelling of tire

and a town in South Lebanon.

Peace out, in merry old England.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I've used the GT501s for years on my hot rod KZ650 (700cc, cams, carbs, etc). It makes 80hp at the wheel and the 501s have always provided plenty of traction.

They last about 5000 miles of sport and city riding. I Haven't tried the Pirelli's but if you want something super sticky in a bias-ply try the avon super venoms.

I Put a set of Super Venoms on my 650 and they don't look like they'll last as long (I'm about 1500 miles in, and guess they're going to go 3000 miles), but they stick like crazy. I think they are the only true modern full sport compound bias ply on the market. Super Venoms Rock!

If you want more mileage w/ good sporting characteristics, go with the 501s - both allow easy peg dragging on my kz650.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Nobody's talked about weight!

The GT501 is a very heavy tire. I've used both on EX250s and I really like the Pirelli. Give it a try, it's cheap enough and you won't regret it.

-Gabe

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks alot everyone.

Yeah, I looked at the Avons but hey don't happen to make a 100/90-18 for the front. (at least it's not on their web site).

I liked the sound of (a little on the soft side).

Happy ridin everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.