Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Unique small touches? Pro store? Their own "Superbike" blend of coffee? I bet it's not just any old bean either. Windows so we can watch mechanics work? "Yes Ashleigh, that peon is working on a 996 just like I have". It amazes me what kind of garbage people sell but what amazes me even more is that people will actually buy this crap. I wish I had this much disposable income. This goes to show that while Harley is still the number one poser brand of motorcycles Ducati is a close second.

·
Registered
73 Posts
With all of these wonderful state-of-the-art and expensive "touches," I'd really love to see just how inexpensive a simple valve adjustment is going to cost.

If I want image, over-inflated prices, and pedigree accessories, I'll go to my local Starbucks and get gigged for 5 bucks for a cup of joe.

v2-90

·
Registered
149 Posts
I object to motorcycle boutiques; those with ornate woodwork, tiled floors and other such unnecessary items. San Antonio TX. had just such a shop (at one time across the street from a Sachs Fifth Ave.). The shop proprietor spent considerable attention on the multitudinous decorations and adornments but had only one (good but very overworked) mechanic. In less than a year, the building is now vacant. I predict that virtually all such motorcycle boutiques will be proven unprofitable.

When most people say "poser" they usually mean someone who is a beginning rider. But actually, each one of us started riding as beginners. Remember, the poser you pass today may tomorrow blow you away...

·
Registered
10 Posts
Personally I like the idea of a Ducati cafe. What I would like to know is...who decided to put it in Milwaukee, of all places. If I owned a Ducati(wishful dreaming), I wouldn't waste my time riding from out west all the way to Wisconsin for a cup of coffee and to look at a few bikes, even if they are Ducatis.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.