Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hopefully after Xaus mangles a few Desmosedicis, they'll send Bostrom up to MotoGP! While seeing EBoz on a Kawasaki almost seems natural at this point, I'm glad he landed on a competitive team. It remains to be seen, however, how the 999 will fair against 4 cylinders without any restrictors. I know the AMA is giving a couple of benefits to the twins to allow them to remain competitive, but we'll see how that actually turns out. Lavilla was giving them plenty of trouble with his GSX-R1000 in WSBK. I really hope that signing with Ducati brings Eric closer to the world scene - he deserves it.

·
Registered
878 Posts
Eric is bigger than this. Frankly he was the only real reason to watch AMA this year anyway. I hope his contract contains clauses that allow a move to Gran Prix if the opportunity arises.

It is ridiculous that Kawi wouldn't race their new ZX-10 with Eric. I forsee this decision putting a bit of a dent in their sales (especially with the '04 R1 on the scene.) What is their problem?

·
Registered
771 Posts
I would love to see Eric riding in the GP (I don't think WSB has much life in it anymore). But he's on one of the most competetive bikes out there and with the support Ducati (and michelin) seams to want to give he has a d*mm good shot at an AMA championship. Look what he could do with the old 750.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Good for Eric, super talent and nice guy too. Nice to see Ducati getting serious here again and see things work out for him. With Yamaha and now Kawasaki out of superbike it was going to start getting boring here. By the way, where's Anthony Gobert? I seem to remember him leading a couple races last year, at least for the short time his bike held together. Maybe Eric needs a teammate. Love to see him get another shot on a competitive bike, it's been awhile. I know he's screwed up few times but geez it seems like the more Xaus crashes the more not only chances but promotions he gets. Gobert's been a winner on Honda, Kawasaki, Ducati, Yamaha, Bimota, hello? He seems to be able to master new bikes faster than anyone. Who else are they gonna hire? Curious what anyone else thinks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Remember when Factories would race each other?

AMA Superbike racing is losing factories...

World Superbike or should we call it Ducati Cup is a joke... What's this about a rule next year for one tire company for all? Crazy!

Moto-GP at least had Ducati mix in with the Honda's.

I think the 600 class should take over for the superbikes. At least every factory is represented.

·
Banned
2,752 Posts
The best of the old V-Twins vs inline 4s a match made in KPaul heaven

I feel bad for Eric having to ride the obsolete V-Twin. With the new Honda and superior GSXR-1000, Eric has a tough job..

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
THE BASIC ARE AS FOLLOWS: EBOZ WILL DO FOR DUCATI WHAT NICKY AND MIGUEL DID FOR HONDA WHEN THE RC51 WAS DEVELOPED. THE HONDA WAS CRAP IN ITS FIRST YEAR. A COMPLETE HANDFUL. DON'T GET ME WRONG THE HP WAS THERE BUT THE HANDLING WASN'T. EBOZ WILL SURELY HAVE SOME TOUGH RACES BUT HE WILL FINISH ON THE SEASON PUTTING THE DUCATI IN THIRD FOR CHAMPIONSHIP POINTS AND THAT'S A FAR CRY FROM LAST YEAR. THE '05 SEASON WILL SEE EBOZ AND THE 999 RACING FOR THE CHAMPIONSHIP. AFTER DUCATI GETS THE AMA SUPERBIKE CROWN EXPECT EBOZ TO GET THE GP RIDE HE SO DESERVES.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Man, where did you find your crystal ball? So who will finish first and second in 2004? Also, do you really think a third is a far cry from 2003. Who knows where he would have finished the season if he hadn't been injured at Laguna Seca. One more thing......COULD YOU TURN OFF THE CAPS?

·
Registered
57 Posts
WHERE IS OUR GP?

With all this talk about how Eric (and Nicky... and Colin... and Kenny... and ...) should get to go to the GP's and how great that is, I think it kinda sucks. We won't be able to see them race live unless you cough up big $$ for a european vacation. TV is nice and all but this country needs to participate in world class racing by more than just supplying racers. I'm all for these guys advancing their carrers by I am more in favor of cultivating roadracing as a spectator sport in this country. Carting the best american racers off to Europe is not helping.

·
Registered
11 Posts
999F0?

I wonder if he'll be riding this year's leftovers or if he'll get the latest and greatest? I seem to recall something about '03s, but now that they've got a top notch rider maybe not....

Best of luck to Eric.

Aaron

·
Registered
771 Posts
Re: WHERE I$ OUR GP?

Here are the rea$ons that get bandied about

The U$A racetrack$ are to $hort and un$afe for GP

no wait

There are track$ that could hoSt a GP, but the don't have enough experience handling major race$

no wait

Quatar need$ to have a race, $o we will evaluate a U$A race next year

NoWait

China is the next big thing $o we will give them a GP next year then we will look at the U$A

$o in $umary the GP guys have not been $hone enough money. IMHO

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.