Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok file this one under the Great Motorcycle Prophet kpaul told you so.... file... How about these apples ? GPTB, Buz, Longride, bigdx,etc..

biodiesel rocks

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Your endorsement would carry more weight if you actually, you know, owned a biodiesal vehicle.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
BTW, where is the "I told you so"? I see an article about the introduction of a vehicle. Not "Biodiesal vehicle sales figures rocket, experts hail revolutionary engines." Hell, you constantly pimp them and can't even get yourself to buy one (and don't link to an image of one from a dealer website again, either, Pinocchio.)

·
Registered
323 Posts
Re: Yep, the Hippo 230cc Hatz Diesel

I'm actually on your side on this one.

Biodiesel isn't very efficient from the perspective of how much land is required to grow the fuel. We would have to put most, if not all, the current arable land in North America to use growing the fuel in order to run the current number of vehicles in the US and Canada. I like efficiency and really like that you can grow your fuel supply, but I also really like to eat.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Next door neighbor - and GA Tech ee - pilots a mighty Jetta diesel Wagon. And she has jumped onto the frywagon bandwagon, too. Unfortunately there is only one place here on the prosperous, upscale northside to fill. Fortunately it's just up the road. Unfortunately she can't run the stuff in really chilly weather. Fortunately we are near the peak of the 15-20 yr warm cycle so we have fewer really chilly days. Unfortunately it has yet to be seen if biodiesel is economically viable. Fortunately we can rely on Adam Smith's invisible hand to sort all this out.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
Though you be right re every diesel I've ever experienced, I wonder if they HAVE to be that way?

You know, I have no idea.

I suppose you saw the diesel race car in C & D. Pretty interesting. Maybe Rudy's wonder does have a place in the sporting world - or maybe not.

·
Registered
5,030 Posts
Re: Yep, the Hippo 230cc Hatz Diesel

Then buy one.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Re: Facinating

Yeah, but the Super Cub has actual moving suspension as opposed to the Hippo's rigid frame and suspension by low pressure tires, so the comparison wouldn't be fair! :)

OTOH, I'd like to see you tow a 550 lb. trailer with your Super Cub! Then again, thinking of the pictures I've seen of heavily loaded Cubs in third world countries, maybe it'd do just fine.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Probably fine for farting around in the woods like the photos show. If you run out of gas, you can always render a bison over a fire for some more fuel. Just like the Native Americans did!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.