·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, let's hear the chorus:

If Foggy was there, he'd be faster!

If Haga was there, he'd be faster!

It's just a fluke!

He can go fast in practice, but wait 'till the race!

Whatever. Great run Colin. Bring home a repeat championship to Texas.

·
Registered
367 Posts
At 150 MPH, .219 seconds works out to him being roughly 460 feet ahead.... just thought I'd put my 2 cents in.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Yep, rider skill has nothing to do with it. It's just track time, lack of good competitors, etc. Oh, and the bike has nothing to do with it either. A Ducati/Yamaha/etc is faster. Get real. Edwards is a damn fine rider on a good bike whether you like him or not.

Best of luck to all in the coming season.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Pursuant to the intent of the Endangered Species Act..

.. your application for visa to visit the Republic of Texas has been denied. In the interest of your continued survival, the review board has considered your abberant self-destructive behavioral tendencies and acted subsequently in your best interest. You may reapply upon reaching the age of puberty, and with written permission from a parent (if known) or legal guardian. Thank you for your interest, and may you mature nicely.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Actually... my math was a little off. It "only" works out to 289 feet or so, at 150 MPH. That's a whole lot of bike lengths!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cool. I got first post and touched off quite and argument, complete with extreme immaturity and good calculations (congrats to CBR1000F for the math).

Edwards: You don't get to wear the big #1 on your bike in ANY professional series without being pretty freaking incredible. Clearly, there are a good bunch of great riders out there and the coming year is looking great.

Hodgson: Obviously a really good rider. I'd wish him luck. but I couldn't bear to listen to the multiple orgasms from the British press.

Texas: I was born and raised in Connecticut and looked down my nose at Texas. I moved here for a job when I was 27. I gotta say, we Yankees have a thing or two to learn. I like it here: LOTS more freedom and LOTS more beautiful women. As for the attitude, believe me, New England has more. Its just a smug, quiet condescension.

Lastly, the Texas flag has more meaning than the other state flags because Texas is the only state which fought for its own independance and joined the Union as an independant state. That pioneer/independance still makes up the basis of the Texan psyche.

Oh yeah, since I am oblidged to say something ridiculous, here it goes: you all suck, I rule, my bike is better than yours.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Read his other post, because his daddy couldn't give him all the neat bikes that Colin got. That's why he's so pissed at spoiled Colin, who is not very talented.

Give it up, and give the guy some credit for being a World Champion. You (the Anonymous squid posting that Colin is no good, and got too many breaks), will never do that. Not because you can't ride good enough, because you're a whiner.

·
Registered
34 Posts
SQUIDS!!! if you are going to make attacks on something or someone, at least have the BALLS to register and put your name behind it. Or just stay anonymous and we can continue to discredit most of your statements. Have a nice day. :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
"Yep, rider skill has nothing to do with it. It's just track time, ..."

Of course rider skill has something to do with it. The point you're missing is that skill is not something you're born with, it's something you acquire with practice, i.e. track time. Though it's true that a very talented person may aquire skill with less practice than a less talented person would.

I think it's fair to say that a lot of people who never become champions could be champions if they were given good enough equipment and enough time to practice. So why don't they? It's partly luck; having a daddy who can give you a good bike and track time, and who has the connections to get you onto a team while you're still unproven certainly counts as luck. On the other hand, some people simply have incredible drive and spend years working their asses off to to get in the door. So it's a combination of luck and hard work, in different proportions for different people.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.