Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Racefans calling MO

Can you guys dig up last year's race results? We want to know how this compares to the race pace from before. Be more than an outlet for press releases.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: Racefans calling MO

motoline's web page does not do it. the motograndprix (for GP)web page does it all (even track layouts)-I have not been able to find anything similar for world superbike. So it would be nice to see those times from last year. Just a link is all we ask.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
AMA vs WorldSBK

My understanding is that the characteristics of the tracks the two series use are very different. Ben Bostrom made some comments about that when he moved over. I also suspect that there is some issue about the level of factory support in the AMA from the Italian makers.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I heard that there was something about allowable fuels that favored twins in WSB. There also may be differences in minimum weight and modifications.

Riders may also make a big difference. The diabolical RC45 aside, the best riders tend to be on twins in WSB. Look at how well Haga did last year and look at Mladin vs Chili. Maybe Matt is just a lot better than Frankie.

·
Registered
15 Posts
chili is much older than what maldin is... and is a better rider, he rode on gp's, v-twins, and a four, and still despite his age could get fourth place at the wsbk championship last year... also, look at how bostrum is doing this year, and look where chili is... if u think that bostrom was your champion in hte ama, then, chili's level i much higer... but no one can top the texas tornado

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Racefans calling MO

Misano - Superbike fast facts:

Circuit length: 4km

Race lap record: 1-min 35.986-secs, Troy Corser (Aust) Aprilia

2000 Pole position: 1-min 34.904-secs, Troy Corser (Aust) Aprilia

2000 Race Winners: Race 1 & 2: Troy Corser (Aust) Aprilia)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.