Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He deserves it more than Nicky. I'm not taking anything away from Nicky, but a WSB title is more impressive than an AMA title. Plus he wasn't run close by someone on a way inferior 750 four. It really will be interesting to see Rossi, Edwards, Bayliss, Hayden etc contesting in the same arena.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Re: F U Honda!

IF I were Edwards I wouldn't want to be a part of the Honda team after the way they treated him. Honda should have thought this all through much better because they look stupid now. They were in such a rush to keep Nicky that they almost lost Edwards, who, if the past Sunday's racing is any incication, is really at the top of his craft.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Re: F U Honda!(?)

Edwards may harbour some bitterness toward Honda, but he is smart enough to take a competitive GP ride if it is offered. I hope that he does go to GP, because I think that his talents would be wasted in WSB next year.

I do think that Edwards' absence would make the title hunt in WSB much more interesting next year.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Re: F U Honda!

I agree -- on the other hand, Colin is professional enough to look first to what is best for his career -- should he turn down what is arguably the best seat in racing just because his feelings were hurt?

On the other hand, (I guess that makes 3 hands! That is why I leave the professional writing to guys like Burns!) if Yamaha were to make a similar offer, especially considering their new-found performance..................For Colin to beat them on a Yamaha would really rub their noses in it!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sundays two races were quite possibly the most entertaining races in the past couple of years. Edwards and Bayliss were un friggen stoppable. If Edwards does go to Honda, its going to be...."what was that kid from Kentuckys name again??".. and..oh how I'll miss the Joe Rocket commercials...

·
Registered
3 Posts
Damn straight. Wasn't Edwards posting faster times on the RCV during tests than Rossi? He deserves it so much more than Haydon there is no comparison between the two riders. Two world titles, 3 Suzuka wins I believe. He is the man for the job, on equal equipment with a good crew Rossi may not have it so easy. His riding this past season speaks for itself.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Re: Kawasaki Calls It Quits

Sniff, Sniff

:-(

WSB just will not be the same with out Kawasaki (or Yamaha who previously announced they would not participate). Hope Suzuke stays in, but I am not so sure about that.

With Honda apparently going lower profile, and with most of the "name" stars jumping to MotoGP, I am afraid that we won't see the great WSB racing in the future. Sure hope I am wrong about that. Could end up with Ducati vs Aprilia.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Excuse me, but that kid from KY looked pretty good against the WSB bunch in CA last summer. I think he was on inferior equipment too. Nicky Hayden's BEST racing is still well ahead of him...he learns fast! Don't count him out just yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
At this point, Edwards should be able to write his own ticket. If he wants to go to MotoGP that's exactly where HRC should send him. But it's probably not a bad idea to send Haydon there also. In two to three years he should probably be in contention for a title. Besides, Rossi want to go race rally cars or something. He may not stick around motorcycle racing as long as his age would imply.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The third hand has it!

I agree. even though I am and always have been a huge fan with maximum respect for Mr. Honda's company. I must admit that it would be poetic justice for Mr. Edwards to hand them their asses on an M1 next year.

Although...what a super team Honda would have, with Rossi, Barros, Edwards and Hayden all on RC-Vs. Youth, Balls, Experience, Wisdom, and all in all outright FAST riders, on all out FAST motorcycles accross the board.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Inferior equipment??

Uhhh, no. AMA factory RC-51s are surprisingly close in spec to the WSB machines, as many zines touted before the Laguna Seca races, then sort of shut up after he placed 4th or so in the first race (I believe) and was taken out by Nitro Nori during a battle for position in the Corkscrew. He looked OK, just out-classed by the talent. He might work up to the speed, but Edwards is faster right now, that's a fact.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Re: Kawasaki Calls It Quits

Ducati vs. Aprilia vs. Benelli vs. Foggy vs. Mondial (well, rumors of them coming back to life anyway...) Could be interesting inasmuch as we'll see a whole new crop of riders on new bikes.

I have a gut feeling Zooky will also back out... don't know why, just have that feeling.

-James

·
Registered
211 Posts
Re: Inferior equipment??

You talking about him being -passed- by Haga in race-one?.. or when Hayden turfed it and -took out- Haga in race-two?...

I guess to me 'taken out' means 'hit the deck'... not simply 'passed', for which I use the word...errr.. 'passed'. :) (forcefully or otherwise)

I thought Hayden did pretty well for himself in race one... he was on Colin's tail there and -maybe- could've passed, who knows. I didn't get the feeling at all that he was outclassed. He rode up front with guys he's never ridden with, not bad!

That said: If Edwards does go to GP1 next year, my money is on him to finish better than Hayden... Nicky's got a bit of 'Euro-learning' to do... adjust to the whole scene, etc...

-James

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.