Motorcycle Forums banner
161 - 180 of 180 Posts

· Registered
11,481 Posts
Re: OK My mistake I should of clarified before asking the question

It was the little TR-5/6-looking thing, if mem'ry serves correct.

· Registered
11,481 Posts

But ME's don't write Owner's Manuals - that's Marketing's Job, with help from the Anti-Liability Lawyers.

· Registered
323 Posts
Yes, Motoman does explain exactly why his method should work better than easy break in. Did you read his web page? Here is just a small part of what he said:

"The Problem With "Easy Break In" ...

The honed crosshatch pattern in the cylinder bore acts like a file to allow the rings to wear. The rings quickly wear down the "peaks" of this roughness, regardless of how hard the engine is run.

There's a very small window of opportunity to get the rings to seal really well ... the first 20 miles !!

If the rings aren't forced against the walls soon enough, they'll use up the roughness before they fully seat. Once that happens there is no solution but to re hone the cylinders, install new rings and start over again."

The web page goes on to show photos of two pistons, one from a engine that was raced immediately with no easy break in, the other from an engine that was broken in by the manual.

Those of you that are saying "where's the evidence?"...evidence has been provided on the website. You can believe what you want, but the MototuneUSA web site does provide evidence and reasoning to back up their statements about engine break in

· Registered
11,481 Posts

You really think I could get some Crack for 'em?

· Registered
11,481 Posts
EXACTLY! And I'm just the Idiot to prove that...... no, wait.....

· Registered
11,481 Posts
This one's Dead too.......

· Registered
352 Posts
Re: Excellent Point

I don't think it would be a big marketing thing actualy since most people that really care about that would know they don't have to listen to the manual anyway.

· Registered
11,481 Posts
He'd try, but would mispronounce or misspell at least half the words.........

· Registered
11,481 Posts
Naw, it's gone. Anything after can be summed-up with The Rock quotes:

"I don't really know about these things, you've killed enough that perhaps you can tell me; But IS THAT F#@KING NORMAL!?!!!!" (points to 1/2-hr-dead soldiers' twitching and kicking legs)

· Registered
138 Posts

The 912 was a 4 Cyl 911. Used the pushrod engine from the 356 series w/Solex carbs like the old "S" cars. The Tr-"ish" car was the 914. 4 cyl. version had a VW 411 engine (sold in Europe as a VW) the 914-6 had a 2L 911 engine.

· Registered
138 Posts
Re: kpaul asks the hard questions.

Re: general aviation...don't confuse money grubbing lawyers, judges with zero technical expertise, and juries with even less knowledge with product problems. When a VFR pilot twists the wings off of his 40 year old Beechcraft in a thunderstorm he had no business being any where near, that, contrary to the verdict, is not a product liability problem. It is what put the general av. industry out of business.

161 - 180 of 180 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.