Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Re: MR. ALLCAPS BEST 600 PICK

Did it again. I have learned that when I see a post from Mr Allcaps, I put my coffee cup down before reading further.

Bob

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Ducati Parking

That story is well worth checking out. Guess it is not only squids on 600 Jap sportbikes who end up with more bike than they can handle!

I'd like to learn the rest of this story ;-)

Maybe KPaul can research it (there is probably some VTwin vs inline 4 angle in there somewhere).

Bob

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
>>636 engine alone would not be enough to put the ZX on top. The kawasaki chassis would have to do its bit<<

I might have thought that the USD fork, radial brakes and (on the 600cc version) slipper clutch and adjustable swingarm might have helped as well. Of course, since we can't get the actual text of the article without forking out $350 to subscribe to the print rag, we have no idea what led MCN to that conclusion.

Quite frankly, as JohnnyB stated in the recent Honda writeup, they are all so much better than 99.9% of us will ever be able to use, that the choice really comes down to brand preference, aesthetic preference or the local dealer.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
CBR600RR Runs 10-Second Quarter-mile

At the risk of getting flamed for posting something from another site ;-)

CBR600RR Runs 10-Second Quarter-mile

Copyright 2003, Roadracing World Publishing, Inc.

With several magazines in the midst of comparison-testing the new 600cc-class sportbikes, news from a Cycle World drag-strip test done yesterday at California Speedway (the drag strip is located outside the road course) is that a 2003 Honda CBR600RR ran in the 10-second bracket, with its competitors all running in the 11s.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Re: CBR600RR Runs 10-Second Quarter-mile

That is true. In any case, I find it effin' amazing to have 600s running that kind of times. I recall the first time any of the production bikes got in the 10s in magazine tests -- I think it was a GS1000 with a pro rider at the contols. Showin' my age, I guess!

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts