Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just got Erik's new CD in the mail: Listening to it as I type.

First off: quite well-done. Mike Stone is a bang-up Producer, the sound is flawless, much better than the previous Buell album Riders of The Edge (I don't have that album, but search the 'Net and you can find examples everywhere).

The Thunderbolts' sound is one part Molly Hatchet, one part Gatemouth Brown, and one part Allman Brothers with some bits of Traveling Wilburys and D.B. Harris thrown in for spice. Erik's vocals sorta remind me of Lemmy Kilmeister from Motorhead, without the gravelly, tobacco-stained undertones that have been killing grass in outdoor venues for the last 4-and-a-half decades........

Altogether, I'm quite pleased with it, and think I like it. Definitely gonna add it to my rotation.

As a Bonus, it came with a F'n Cool-as-Hell Buell Racing T-shirt that I plan to wear racing tomorrow, just to distract and intimidate my competitors......

Good Job, Erik, Ed, Dave, Greg, and Mike!

See: ratpakrecordsamerica.com - erikbuell

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
Damn! I didn't get mine and I even pre-ordered. Perhaps Monday. I look forward to giving the CD a good listen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.