Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
What did anyone expect? The EU is a govt that consists of unelected officials, similar to the old Soviet Union's Politburo. Not much chance that the EU's courts are going to take a chance on actions that might reduce their own pay and benefits.

It's for their own good anyhow.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yep. that EU thingy is a real good deal. Let's join up and sign everything over to the gubbmint. They always look out for our best interests, after all thats what the govt. is for, right?

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
EU govt cosists of unelected officials? Of course they have been elected. If you mean “not elected by popular vote” the same applies to US govt officials. I mean what's the logic here?

- cruiz-euro

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
They started putting red light cameras and school zone cameras around here. Personally I think it's a good idea and predictably one of the first ones to get caught was the Mayors wife speeding in a school zone. Red light runners are a real problem here so I have no problem with mailing them a $100. fine, it may be my ass they run over next.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Maybe...

They started putting red light cameras and school zone cameras around here. Personally I think it's a good idea and predictably one of the first ones to get caught was the Mayors wife speeding in a school zone. Red light runners are a real problem here so I have no problem with mailing them a $100. fine, it may be my ass they run over next.
But you won't think it's funny when the bureaucrats can't make out the license plate and send the ticket to you instead because you have the same make and model of car.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I drive a red Explorer, those things are a dime a dozen. Chances are they'd send the ticket to one of the other 15000 or so red Explorers running around.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.