Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
This is what happens when you give up your sovreinty, some fat-ass kraut eurocrat dictating your traffic laws...

Britain needs to tell Brussels and the rest of the common market to ***** off, flood the Chunnel and fill the chanel with flaming oil...That should keep the euro-trash in froggyland where they belong.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
not trying to be a smart alec but with high traffic densities and a small country plus the european habit of wearing race leathers and helmets everytime you're on the bike, you guys probably don't have the chance to ride as fast or as hard as us.

For example I can leave my house and within a few minutes can be on mountain passes and hitting over a hundred almost at will. The only thing stopping me is the occasional log truck and wandering herds of Elk. Unfortunatly they can both stop you pretty dam quick LOL

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I don't know how often you can hit 100 on I-5 going through Seattle or anywhere between South Center and Everett unless it's midnight or you're a lot braver than I am.

Anyway you're missing my point, population densities are a lot greater in europe than anywhere West of the Mississippi outside of big cities. If you're doing 100 on Eastlake or Lake city Way or any Seattle streets you really need to think about how long you want to live.

At any rate, you're talking about getting leathered up for a 2 mile ride, I'm talking about the hundred or so miles from my house to Yakima on 410, two totaly different riding enviroments

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
The Autobahn is a limited access high speed highway or were you refering to the Kraftwerk electronica from the 70's?

At anyrate I would expcet your population densities and geographical areas would preclude you from any real high speed work outside of track days which would be much safer than city riding.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
You're too kind, back in those days I had a '67 VW Beetle with a cassette player wired in and sitting on the floor. My friends and I used to drive up to Crytal Mountain and go skiing. I have many happy (though somewhat blurry) memories of chugging along through the snowy woods smoking wog-hemp listening to Kraftwerk....."fahn fahn fahn das autobahn" driving up to ski.....them and YES were good driving bands or Emerson Lake and Palmer.....

Jeez, that was a while ago...

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Better safe than sorry. I always wear my full face shoei, either leather or textile riding jacket and boots and gloves. If it's cold or wet I wear my JR ballistic overpants, the rest of the time I wear jeans.

Already starting to see guys in shirtsleeves and beanie helmets since it warmed up a little.... Not too bright.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
Re: Oh Yeah?....

Well I think yer' some kinda commie-***-junkie-lefty-pinko-hippy myself, you and yer' fancy pants german moter-sickle...

what's wrong with a good ol' 'Murcan made Harley gat damm'it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.