Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Idiots.

I am all for reasonable HP/age regulations (I remember myself at 18), but this is over the top.

It will not spell the end of bikers, but significantly dampen the popularity. Endresult being more cars on the street, and I am sure that's exactly opposite of what the euro-green-sociodemocrats wanted.

Morons.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Well, (being Euro myself), I think that 14-yo-: 50cc; 16-y-o: 125cc; 18-y-o: anything you want; is a perfectly reasonable. It gives you time to grow as a rider.

What I really object is 1) the 19-yo limit - if you can vote with 18, why can't you be trusted to ride what you want; 2) Some 24-yo limit mentioned, for the same reason; and most importantly 3) the added cost, which would have prevented me getting a license way-back-when for sure.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Re: It's a good thing if you have the right VFR

Unfortunately, this looks more and more like the land of the formerly free.

I saw yesterday that we now have the "Directorate of Management" in the "Department of Homeland Security". Directorate of Management? USSR 1976?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Why not combine both - nothing better than driving down the Autobahn while listening to the long version of the Kraftwerk song! (You are forgiven everything you say from now on, just by knowing about Kraftwerk's Autobahn masterpiece - yep, I am a fan)

I remember when I used to pick my commute so I had to get onto 3 different highways, each for 1 exit only. Used to hit 200km/h almost every morning, despite a speed limit of 130km/h. Still puts a smile on my face. Granted, I used to come to work fairly late, so the main rush hour was over. Glory days...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.