Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
I live in the heart of Seattle, I5 is 4 blocks from my house in Eastlake. I can do 100 on that too, as long as its not rush hour. In fact, I sometimes do, from the roanoke entrance to 65th where I go buy kickass steaks from Whole Foods. Great excuse for a 2 mile ride. I wear race leathers and a helmet every time; I ride multiple times per day. I don't know how that limits me, but apparently it does.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I wear all the crap because I ride around Seattle drivers. Actually that stretch of i5 is often pretty good. Evenings it's almost always fine, as it is mid-day or weekends. I only open it up if there are no cars in the lane next to me at all, and only in the left lane. It's also a no cop area; they wait in north and south seattle for speeders.

I stick to sane speeds on surface streets.

I put on the gear every time I ride, unless I just feel like a jackass, which happens sometimes. I ride around Seattle drivers, so I pretty much have to. It doesn't take long.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.