Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
speaking also as a european, the laws have been up til recently ...16 year old 50cc moped ..17 year old bike under 125cc and after passing your test and having a full 125cc licence for 2 years you can get a provsional licence for bikes over 125cc which you will also have to do a test for in order to get a full licence...

the idea of wearing leathers or helmets doesnt raise such an issue because due to the weather rain or cold etc it is impossible to go without either .. i dont see these laws as particularily draconian but maybe that is just because of the general european history to bike licences. from what i see despite these laws bike usuage tends to be higher in europe than the US especially for commuting . I pretty much support any initiative which leads to better riders however the cost does appear to be high....

·
Registered
155 Posts
moto nirvana..the high price of petrol is mainly due to the governments' tax take of close to 50% on fuel ...however on the plus side you get to ride around some pretty varied scenery and roads ..get to all of the good rounds of moto gp and world sbk if thats your thing ...get all the bikes considered too eccentric for the US like sub 1000cc standards and trailies and europe is full of lovely europeans ..what more could you ask for ? gun laws?

·
Registered
155 Posts
well i wasnt trying to start a competition or anything of course america is varied i mean you sell spicy chicken burgers in the macdonalds in the south and regular chicken burgers in the north...i do ride a bike below 1000cc in fact the largest capacity bike i own is 750cc..i have a couple of smaller displacement bikes also 250cc and 125cc..i have also owned 1300 cc bikes ..but the displacement really means nothing to me one way or the other its the fun i have riding them..each has its own niche....anyhow why dont you tour europe and find this stuff out for yourself ...i worked in the US for a while and enjoyed biking around and the new experiences ..i am sure most of you guys would really enjoy all europe has to offer from a biking perspective

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.