Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Ekins, Knievel, who's next? RIP you crazy m*****f*****.

·
My member is not Junior!
114 Posts
A Hard Livin' Dude.

He was quite the character. I had the opportunity to hang out with him one night at a party after a Skip Van Leeuwen flat track race years ago. He sat down at the table across from my buddy and myself.

We said "Howdy" or whatever, and let him do his thing. That allowed him to talk to us as he wanted...and drink beer after beer with us despite recently having had liver surgery or something.

Throughout the night he could be quite gruff at times, but when he got up to leave at the end of the night, he stopped, turned and come back to my friend and myself to say, "It was really nice meetin' you guys."

That night will be with me forever. Sharing beers with the guy who graced my lunch box some 25 years ago.

Pete :cool:

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
He's a true Original. Anyone can jump stuff on a 250lb dirt bike with 2 ft. of suspension travel, try it on a 500 lb KR 750 with 3 inchs......RIP ya' looney bastard

·
Registered
956 Posts
I thought he was dead in '68. They're replaying an interview on the CBC right now. Rest in Peace.

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
69. That's a number he would have preferred, given his Life.

G'Bye.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Ain't that somethin?

He's a true Original. Anyone can jump stuff on a 250lb dirt bike with 2 ft. of suspension travel, try it on a 500 lb KR 750 with 3 inchs......RIP ya' looney bastard
He did all that shyt on an XLCH.

RIP Evel. (sound of beer can popping open)

·
Registered
10,903 Posts
Geez, Evel even invented the term, "Jumped the Shark."

I remember some years ago in an interview on the Jim Rome show Evel placed his chances at making the Snake River jump at 50/50.

Rome asked him, "Why would you do it then?"

Evel, "Do you know who the hell I am?"

Best quote ever from a classic showman and a guy with huge stones.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Geez, Evel even invented the term, "Jumped the Shark."

I remember some years ago in an interview on the Jim Rome show Evel placed his chances at making the Snake River jump at 50/50.

Rome asked him, "Why would you do it then?"

Evel, "Do you know who the hell I am?"

Best quote ever from a classic showman and a guy with huge stones.
I'm popping another one for Evel. Well maybe two or three actually.

Join me.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
Wait up par'ner

I'm popping another one for Evel. Well maybe two or three actually.

Join me.
I'm working a double today, I won't get home till 'round eleven. I have a couple of bottles of Maudite, an excellent French Canadian microbrew, at home I'll work my way through them and try to catch up......

Ol' Evel would probably approve, Maudite means "The Damned" and the label is a bunch of trappers in a canoe flying over a grinning devil at sunset... Good stuff, 8% alchohol bottle fermented Amber Ale, knock yer' d*ck the dirt but good LOL

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Evel Quotes

"I guess I thought I was Elvis Presley but I'll tell ya something. All Elvis did was stand on a stage and play a guitar. He never fell off on that pavement at no 80 mph."
~Evel Knievel

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Evel Quotes

"In the old days they, the promoters, wanted more and more from me. They wanted me to jump or spill my blood and break my bones. Every time they wanted me to jump further, and further, and further. Hell, they thought my bike had wings."
~Evel Knievel

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.