Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
They usta sell this silica stuff that came in a tube that you squirted into the pipes at the exhaust port flange and then bolted the flange/pipe(s) up and and immediatley started the bike, so the exhaust pressure would shove the silica goop into the exhaust leaks.

Worked swell on my old '82 Virago when I switched to straight pipes. The balance tube joints leaked, and the silica plugged it up just fine.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Wait a minute, you live in China and can't get that silica goop stuff. Sorry, I jumped the gun again....oh woe.

Let's see, what can you use...hmmmm...do they still use packing material for water spigots in China? Maybe try that. Or some asbestos twine.

Or just saw the pipes off at the junction, and forget about it. On second thought, loud pipes get you brought up before the people’s nuisance board and you might get executed, or your organs harvested, so scratch that.

Pipe temp is HOT, so don't touch it.

Hope this helps. Can you get a nice used Chang Jiang over there? Those are SWEET!

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Nah, I use shop rage & duct tape. Real absorbent, and the composition of the material lets my skin breath.

Also looks pretty cool, like Hugo Chaves' anti-demon drawers.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Hose clamps...

..and cut-up aluminum beer cans. Works every time.

This combo has held most of the exhaust systems on ALL my bikes together for years...fun to replace too (burp).

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Hose clamps...

ahh, the mighty Honda 100, I had a '70 CB100 (white w/black stripes) when I was in the Navy, use to park it in my room.

It also doubled as a submarine in the flooded strip mines that surrounded the base in Oceana Va. Could drive it up to the handlebars in deep water, it wouldn't miss a beat.

Also rode it on the expressway a lot from Oceana to pier 9 in Norfolk. Full throttle all the way.

Amazing little bike.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.