·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gawd bless us, one and all...

·
Registered
64 Posts
What else could explain our need to hurtle our bodies at high rates of speed on dubiously maintained roads rolling on two patches of rubber a few inches wide? Love and a bit of mania! Give thanks for motorcycling and the freedom to do it!

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Bashley, is that u?

Dammit, buy the kids some insurance so's they can get some motorcycles, would you? I need some daytime entertainment. I need to know bout new drz400s, new ktms, stuff like that.

·
Registered
235 Posts
if I had the choice of chopping off 1 nut, 3 fingers, an ear and a toe >>>OR<<< never ride again I would cget busy chopping. It's a love/hate relationship though. I love the machines but hate that I can't afford to have another 4 or 5. XR650R, 2005 Speed Triple, 990 Duke, RC45, 1200GS, the list goes on forever.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I rode to work at 4:30 this morning, as always. It was a little cool out, about 25 degrees. Even so, I felt sorry for the poor slobs cooped up in their cars. They were missing out.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Think I'll buy my grandkids pocket bikes. That way my daughter and I can ride the bikes while her kids are in school, or in the hospital because of an accident.

Hey, how much damage can a little kid do to one of those things?

·
Banned
2,452 Posts
I count my blessings every time I go for a ride. I am blessed (yes RedStaters I said blessed) that I can ride my motorcycle on the beautiful highways of Washington State. After starting flying lessons again and riding motorcycles if I had to choose between the two I would definitely choose motorcycles. I also love the fact that motorcycles, at least my Ninja is, are such dependable and powerful machines. I enjoy the fact that motorcyclists are rugged individualist and nonconformist yet they can band together to do great things for people. All the charity rides that cruiser riders go a long way to create a good image for riders.

Thanks to those who serve our country in the military which make our freedom to ride possible.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Teapotdome: Well Said!

It's the moments when everything, including myself, go away that I cherish the most, while riding. Fleeting though they are, times when I seem to stop being, and simply become part of the moment are what I hope for, every time I throw a leg over.

It’s times like those, when it doesn’t matter what you’re riding, how much you paid, or even what your own name is, that make it all worthwhile.

Just as long as some old fart, in Mercury Grand Marquis, isn’t blocking up the road, and my face shield isn’t fogging up from my screaming at him, life is good.

God bless us, everyone.

·
Registered
3,415 Posts
I love my Triumph.

Motorcycles are in my blood, when my mom got preggers with me my dad put a side car on his Ariel Red Hunter and off they went, they never owned a car till we moved to Canada. Every memeory I have in my life has motorcycles as a backdrop, from my dad and his Cafe` Racer buddies hanging around the flat to going to the races to riding dirt bikes as a kid.

I ride because I want to. I don't care if it's cold or raining. Next to my kids motorcycles are the most important things in my life, I wish I could afford more.

·
Registered
10,901 Posts
I was hooked at an early age also. We've got a family photo of all six of us (dad, mom, 3 sisters and me) sitting on my dad's two stroke Yamaha 80 streetbike as he putted down our neighborhood street in Los Angeles. He then bought a Honda CB400 or 450. We rode that everywhere-Dodger games, school, errands, etc. He even took me to the hospital on it when I had surgery when I was 12!

I've recently started taking my 7 year old son for short rides on the Geezer Glide. The look on his face is priceless.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Love the sport!

My Dad used to be a motorcycle mechanic back in the late 60's through 1982. I have been raised around them and cannot imagine life without 2 wheels. Given the choise between motorcycles and pretty much anything else, I would chose the bike.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.