Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
What a treat!

Thank you anonymous whoever you are, what memories this brought back for me... the original Laguna was lethal, unforgiving, the ultimate cajones-in-your-throat jelly-legged blast... what's now the Andretti Hairpin at the bottom of the hill was then the suspension-bottoming entrance to the scariest pucker-up sweeper I ever held my breath through... and the site of a couple of the worst high-speed high-sides ever. Riding that track on the big 2-strokes of the mid-70's was absolute insanity, and these F-1 bikes from '87 in the video weren't much better behaved.

Thanks again anonymous for bringing a smile to this sour old pharts face.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Yeah, I had to chuckle about the "advanced" anti-dive system.

I also caught Kenny's comment that they'd have to go to hub steering. (chuckle).

And now I get to blame American Kawasaki for that overdone Ninja name.

All in all, a great video.

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
"Center hub steering" is where it's at, where you been?

Is that like the Yamaha GTS?

It is kind of scary to think my bike could win a race in stock form and yet I still don't ride like those guys.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Do you remember the ELF GP bikes of the 80's? They had a few successes but apparently the advantages of hub steering couldn't overcome the weight penalty.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
The single sided swingarm on my '97 VFR had a nice label that said ELF/France on it, I though it was pretty trick. Between that, the HRC stickers and the R.K. RACING CHAIN stickers it was basically an RC45, na'mean?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.