Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a resorce to give me an idea of the fair market price for a New, zero miles 2005 Honda Interceptor ABS for a Michigan Dealer. It is new and does come with factory warranty. I am an experienced rider with 11,000 plus mile on my Honda Magna. I have been riding since 1996. The dealer is new in town and I am trying to get a feel for them as I was on very good terms with the previous owners and staff. As such I walked in through the snow and struck up a conversation as a perspective buyer. Looking around the showroom I noted to myself that they had no current model bikes (i.e. CR 35 instead of CBR1000R). I told the saleperson what type of riding I did and he directed me to the 2005 Interceptor ABS. The Interceptor is the type of bike I would be interested in buying, so good marks for the dealer there. The MSRP for the bike was accurate as well. Is there a good way to find out what a new old model bike should sell for:confused: ?

·
Registered
11,488 Posts
As little as you can get away with. Think of the seals and hoses sitting, getting old and dry-rotted as it languishes on the showroom floor since October of 2004 (it *COULD* be that old). Or the brakefluid and crankcase, drawing moisture and condensation all this time. Not to mention the tires, getting hard and dangerous with multiple flat-spots from being pushed place to place on the showroom floor.

Not that I'm knockin' the bike - just pointing out things that should be first and foremost on your mind.

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
It's been sitting around unwanted for years. Don't buy any dealer BS. They are desperate to sell this thing. Low ball him and if he won't go for it then say, "Here's my number. I'm going to look at a SprintST. Call me if you change your mind." Now walk out of the dealership. Actually drive over to the Triumph dealership and look at the SprintST. You might decide to say "Fock it" to the VFR. Then go to a Suzuki dealership and check out the V-Strom 1000. Considering the ridiculous msrp price of the VFR you might check out the new 800 BMW also.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.