Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Dear Gentle Biker,

I can sympathize with your concerns as you bravely face the bewildering choices in this new perplexing fashion universe. Oh, for the simple days of black tires and matching black leather – but the Village People ruined that. Thus, we have a feisty rainbow of new tires for your consideration. And therein lies the terror of becoming a fashion victim.

Submitted for you are the following rules to guide your careful choice:

1) White tires may only be worn between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

2) Wearing a red back tire and a black front means you’re a "catcher" -- wearing a red front tire and a black rear tire means you’re a "pitcher."

3) In general, tire color should complement your bike’s tribal motif or your "Fear This" sticker.

4) Mixing the yellow and green tires (commonly known as a "phlegm job") is only for the truly adventurous.

5) Nothing says "Poo poo, Mr. Bush!" like a set of blue tires.

Of course, to ensure a maximum "Wow" factor, replace all your riding gear with patent white leather! The response will be fantabulous, I guarantee it!

·
Registered
955 Posts
Further more, with deference.

Futhur more...as I believe, you were too-kind to point out...

Boots (White or Otherwise) should only be worn with tassles, at Gay Pride events, and Rodeos...

All other fashion questions, I defer to yourself.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Re: Are there no new subjects?

I been seein this this-stuff over a year, never in real-life, but in magizines.

Guess they'd be okay for show-bikes, or getting you beat-up.

I seen-where some Street Slamm-and-Stretch-Guys have been using them, on their high-horse Busa's; but who's gonna chase them, down?

·
Registered
579 Posts
Ummmm...

Didn't I already post a review of these tires?

Red Rocks. The CBR now is all blacked out. No stickers... Save two Old School red Cobra emblems on the tank, the red rear tire, and the red bolts and screws.

You can imagine, she draws attention.

Particularly from those Gen-Xr's who grew up with GI Joe.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
Re: Ummmm...

m_e,

Yea, verily you did. However, my "concern" (tongue firmly in cheek) was the proper wearing of the tires.

Now, speaking of wear, how has yours held up? Your post wayback predicted 8000 miles.

Also, how does (did) it look? I'm curious if chain lube or other gorp is removable, or if it stains the tire.

·
Registered
579 Posts

Shes in great shape. The lighter colored tires get a dirt strip down the center of them but I don't think it looks bad, and it's always washed off with a good scrubbing. I've never noticed any chainlube getting on it or making a mess.

I don't plan on changing it this year. It's still handling very well and the tread looks great.

I'll be buyin' more of them.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I know a guy who last year put on orange tires to match the color of his Triumph Sprint. I just saw the bike a couple weeks ago and the tires look awful. They're black on the bottom and dirty orange on top. I would suggest that if you put colored tires on your bike that you don't ride it.

·
Registered
3,640 Posts

You'd think they'd offer colored sidewalls with black tread.

I saw an older MCN article that said you could specify what carcass you wanted. Was that true in your case?

And, where did you buy it? The "Order Now" link is broken on their site.

·
Registered
579 Posts

I didn't think much of the website. I just called them. You can specify the carcass you want if you get a new one. I got a blemished on though, so I couldn't specify.

·
MODERATOR X
5,449 Posts
Re: Does this tire make me look fat?

I likes my tires like I likes my wimmin, black and round on the bottom.

·
Registered
579 Posts
The tires should match the accent color of the bike. If your bike is yellow, with a little blue, then you should get blue tires. If your bike is black with a little red... Get red tires.

When they are the same color as the major color of the bike, it's just to much.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.