Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Obsolete

Japanese bike manufacturers are famous for making sure you feel that your current bike is behind the times. They make the bike all knew so your bike of a couple of years has no interchangeable part. This makes it easier to price gouge you at the dealer for any parts you'll eventually need. By the way how does bolting at the triple clamp automatically make the frame stiffer, lighter, cheaper???? Just cause they say so doesn't mean you have to buy into it without any supporting data. 3 years from now they'll be velcro fastening the frame together to make it stiffer, lighter, cheaper. Cheaper has more than one conotation.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Fun

These bikes are fun and I bought my wife a Yamaha Radian 600yx 89' vintage. If it wasn't for my mechanical curiousity that bike would be collecting dust in a corner. To buy parts for that bike is an exercise in bendover and let Yamaha drive it home. The prices they charge are a sin. Harleys may initially cost more but Jap bikes catch up in maintenance costs unless you are a tight asss like myself and do all your own work.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Speed 4

I love the looks of that bike in orange. Looks like it would just be a nice around town bike to zip around on. I just wish they'd make them so the seat was about 28" off the ground so I could get a used one for the wife. I'd look a smidgen big on it but it'd still be a blast.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts