Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,719 Posts
Sure, 500cc single cylinder diesel on a governer driving a generator powering an electric motor driving the car.

100+ mpg and minimal emissions with no heavy and dangerous storage batteries to worry about, no explosive hydrogen gases, no cadmium or lithium poisening the ground. no need to build more power plants to supply the added electrical load when everyone plugs their car in

Think they'll ever figure that one out? Probably too easy for them

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Kettle: Pot. Pot: Kettle.

You can't spell for shyte either.

·
Registered
730 Posts
An early supervisor of mine told me "Good spellers make bad engineers and good engineers are bad spellers". I immediately started mispelling at least one word in every piece of correspondence. I may have been a good speller and a bad engineer but I wasn't stoopid.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
I may have been a good speller and a bad engineer but I wasn't stoopid."

But socko is.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Guess I should have been an engineer, was posting a comment above and misspelled so many words I just said screw it and hit the back button.

"I would like to thank the Kalefornya pablick Educashun sisdom"

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
I get ksteamy

·
Registered
336 Posts
Heh. True story that reminded me of. Back when high school was about over, I went down to the local recruiters and talked to all of them. The Marines had me take the asvab. I aced it. At that point, literally, two of the recruiters barricarded the door and the other pulled his chair all the way over to mine and got right in my face, pushing the hard sell to sign up. They were all large black men in crisp uniforms. I remember looking out the sliver of window I could see between the two blocking the door and seeing the Air force recruiter in his office across the hall wearing a Hawaiian shirt, feet on his desk, reading a comic book. That contrasting with the way the push from the marines was pretty surreal...

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
That's pretty-interesting; the Marines were the only ones that kept "bugging" me after the school released our ASVAB scores to the Military (my lowest was "88" in the "Business/Econ" category - everything else was 96 and up).

At the time, I really had no wish to join the Military, and being the son of a Navy man - in particular the Marines.

Shortly thereafter, I removed myself from consideration by dropping-out of school. Didn't really seem to bother the Recruiters though - they kept calling 'til I was 21.

It was only several years after that I found out the Marines have the most-stringent criterion of the 4-branches of Service. I guess I should feel flattered.

Who knows - if I HAD joined, I might be "somebody" now instead of just an Idiot.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Well, I'm Nobody right now. (and an Idiot to boot)

I'm old-enough I'd have seen GW-I, but probablyl not GW-II. And it probably would have been a "leg up" to be able to check "Yes" on the Military Service box (as well as helped with some personal-issues).

Generally speaking, most of the ex-Military guys I know are much more well-rounded individuals than myself.

21 - 40 of 46 Posts