Motorcycle Forums banner

Final day of Hondas in Spain

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Joe_Momma 
#1 ·
FIRST POST!!!! Yeah. What were we talking about? Just like Suzuki to wait until January to test but the bike is ready now....

#2 ·
I sure we'll see a lot of improvement in times but currently it looks like Katoh is the man to beat, with a considerably faster time then anyone has gone on that track before with his first week with the bike. That's a 185hp NSR vs. the rumored 240hp RC211V. I saw a video of the RC on MCN and it wasn't reving out but still looked sick fast. Wheelies at what appeared to be triple digit speed, while the motor singing at maybe 8-10k rpm? Honda wants to get 16500 last time I heard. Oh... and the sound.....

#3 ·
Well, it's hard to say. THe track is newly paved, but Katoh still looks fast as hell. I hope he gets good results along with Kenny and the Gang using Dunlops. I just wish Suzuki when get on the Ball and get to testing. I feel that those riders (Kenny and Katoh) are better suited to those tires (dunlop) anyway. Michelin has had a chokehold long enough on the Premier class.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.