Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it just this session, or does it seem like the Ducatis are consistently lagging behind Honda and Yamaha? I hope it's not the case, but I wouldn't be surprised if Ducati were hard pressed to keep their development efforts up with the likes of Honda and the Rossi-led Yam effort. What's worse is that the WSB guys aren't even on the map with last year's Desmos. Xaus is gonna need to get up in the top tier for us to enjoy any Spaniard-inspired hi-jinx.

Regardless, having Nicky and Colin in the top 5 puts a wicked stupid grin on my face. I can hardly wait for the Biaggi diatribes to start flowing ...

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
A couple of factors, I believe:

One, this is the first outing for the new Desmosedici, and pretty much the first testing with the 16.5" front wheel, so they are focusing more on figuring out the base-line settings, playing with the engine mapping etc, while the Honda riders have already had several sessions (including at this same track a couple of weeks ago) so can concentrate more on putting down the quick lap times.

Two, this track does not seem to be especially suited to the Ducati -- they seem to prefer flowing courses rather than "point-and-shoot" tracks like Sepang. Yamaha, on the other hand, have been partucularly strong at this track. So, the next test at Phillip Island could have different relative rankings.

·
Registered
281 Posts
The list doesn't show the time of McWilliams on the Aprilia : 2'06.574 In an article in I believe Two Wheels Only, McWilliams dumped all over Hayden

saying he wouldn't win a race in '04 and he didn't rate the factory ride. I'm wondering how he could tell from so far back in the pack!

·
Registered
911 Posts
As Dean Adams pointed out, is it not funny how on the press releases from Honda, Biaggi, Tamada, etc, speak the Queens English to perfection while Hayden has a Kentucky twang ever present?

He is going to put that twang right up there where the sun don't shine when he wins the championship!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Is it me or Checa should be faster than Rossi, looking at his experience with the M1 ???

Is that guy fast or what ??

·
Registered
56 Posts
Re: Read all about it here!

One of the funniest things I've ever read.

"But this year Melandri is all too aware of the extra pressure now that Rossi has joined him at Yamaha.

"It not gonna be easy" said Mr Ed "The past few years have been a real laugh for me at Yamaha. We've all been able to take it easy and blame the bike, but now Rossi is here and willing to actually race the Yam-nail it's put us all in a bit of a situation. What's even worse for me is that I've always tried to portray myself as 'another Rossi' but now we're actually racing together I might be made to look rather stupid!""

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.