Motorcycle Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts
Re: Last time I looked the RC51 was a V-Twin

"Honda tried the RC51 last year but within our rules were no where near competitve enough so they have given up with it.'" music to my ears. Leave it to the Aussies to make sure the rules are fair i.e. don't favor the inferior twins. :)

Re: Last time I looked New Zealand was a separate country from Australia.

Hey KPaul sounds like you need a summer holiday down here to get your geography straight ... among other things.

NZ is big on street racing too and we are celebrating 50 years of racing at the Wanganui Cemetry circuit (yep the streets run through the local cemetery) on Xmas day practice day and racing the day after. The races have run there on 26 December for 50 years and saw great International action particularly in the 70s when Randy Mamola and Pat Hennen were up and coming US racers. One story circulated at the time about Mamola was that as he was the new teenage kid at the time at one party down here he was turned upside down as used as a toilet brush - remember 70s hairdos. I guess a lot of alcohol had something to do with the riders behaviour at the time.

I'm a VFR guy so V4's are OK with me, but then I'm a singles guy too being a trail biker. I don't mind how many cylinders my bikes have or how they are configured as long as they are good looking and perform well (much like babes really) so hey I could take an inline if that's what felt right to me at the time.

Check out my website at http://bikemerv.topcities.com

I've only just started reloading it after NBCi died on me a year ago so I have only loaded 3 pages of the Road Ride stuff, so don't go looking for dirt bike stuff there or the earlier road stuff.

Cheers

Merv.

Re: Final Combined Wed/Thu Superbike and 600 Laptimes from Daytona Tire Testing

The Kawasaki isn't punched, overbored, or whatever you want to call it. It's still 750. They haven't finished the new motor yet.

Discussion starter · #25 ·
Roberts Full of $hit?

This from amasuperbike.com today:

"...Roberts insists his time was valid, although others in the pit lane said it wasn't, and his next best time on Thursday was a 1:53.3, almost a full second slower."

Sounds to me as as though Kurtis is full of $hit again! Keep in mind that Kurtis is my least favorite rider in AMA (his brother is my least favorite rider in MotoGP) so take this comment in that context!

Discussion starter · #26 ·
Re: Final Combined Wed/Thu Superbike and 600 Laptimes from Daytona Tire Testing

That is correct, as I just learned today. Still way to early to predict what configuration will be the hot setup for 2003.

Bob

Discussion starter · #27 ·
Re: Last time I looked New Zealand was a separate country from Australia.

Younger generation of Americans are very weak in geography -- obviously something is lacking in our public school system. (In KPaul's case, it might appear that some other areas were neglected as well. Just kidding, KPaul! We all love you here.)

My apologies to NZ and Captain Cook.

You all heard of Captain James Cook. I wrote a report in school once about his explorations etc. I know NZ is a separate country. Anyway, I have cousins in both NZ and Austrailia. From England, my grandfather imigrated to the US and his brother went to Austrailia. His offspring spilled over on to NZ. Some day I want to visit my cousins.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.