Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,609 Posts
LOL!! BrowningBAR's first reply was really a good one. There are quite a few medium-size, inexpensive, affordable motorcycles out there that can do what you need and still give you a ton of fun.

I'm really glad you are taking safety seriously! Paying attention to your gear and your safety will increase your enjoyment of riding, I am positive.

If you have any questions at all about riding techniques, gear, or anything, be sure to ask.

· Registered
1,609 Posts
A 599 is not a beginner bike by any means, unless that beginner has excellent small-movement coordination. It is NOT an underpowered bike, and although I know of many people who bought them as a first bike, every last one of them has dumped it under power. That said, a 599 would fit the OP well and, assuming he does have some experience riding, would be a lovely bike for all uses. Mine gets around 45-48 mpg and does everything from grocery-getting to Iron Butt rides. Two Thumbs Up!

1 - 3 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.