Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Bandit 600 here

If owning a Boss Hoss means you have more money than sense, owning a Bandit means you have more sense than money.

I've got a 2000 600S, bought new, purchased primarily because it was cheap, good-looking and black. Mods are Holeshot ignition advancer and jet kit, Yoshi carbon-fiber exhaust, and ultra-high-performance Givi saddlebags that make the stuntaz jealous of my stylin'. Just had a set of Pirelli Diablo Stradas spooned on.

Complaints - big as a 750, buzzy as hell, and the queer name (when people ask what kind of bike I have, I say "GSF600S". "Bandit" sounds like a golden retriever.) But she's a looker, even with the Tupperware bags.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
anywho... shi-zu-ki, did the rejet and aftermarket can give you a noticeable performance boost, or did it just act to smooth out the engine? (or both or neither?) There's a flat spot in my carburetion between roughly 4,000 and 5,000 rpm, and as a result I've been contemplating rejetting la bandita sucia. thanks in advance.
:)
Well, I've got the second-gen, and you've got the first. Also, I'm a mellow, mediocre rider who would be lucky to notice his tires running ten psi under. And, I barely ever cracked 6000 rpm before I did the mods (I'm better now - I let 'er sing). So it's kind of hard for me to say what the effect of the jet and can was - just a general feeling of "better" and "growlier". I don't recall noticing any flat spots pre-install, but I know I don't have any now - she's smooth and tame up to about 6000 or so, then she stretches my arms right to 10,000. I do remember that the jet kit came with parts and instructions covering both stock cans and aftermarket, and was easy even for a moron like me to install.

The ignition advancer was a nice mod. I can't remember why I bought it (whatever an ignition advancer does, I've forgotten), but the bike started easier and ran much better cold.

Sorry to be so unhelpful.

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Well, the first thing I've always done on a carbureted bike is drill out the brass plugs on the idle jets (?) and adjust those to get rid of the excess leanness the manufacturers put in to pass emissions. Is that maybe what the shop is referring to?

·
Registered
5,019 Posts
Forgot to mention - are you aware of Maximum-Suzuki.com? An incredible resource for Banditti. Any question you have, someone will have an answer for. It's one of the reasons I bought my Bandit (I'll never buy a bike that doesn't have a strong Web resource base).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.