Motorcycle Forums banner

First Hand Experience: Caponord

3K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  vermicious 
#1 ·
I've never owned a Dual-Sport but they seem pretty cool and I find that I'm increasingly interested in the Aprilia Caponord. I was wondering if any of you MOers had first hand experience with one.

#2 ·
Those rotax motors are sweet, I think the early models suffered from some fuel injection issues, but I heard this from reading reviews. The owners I know love the bike. I've got a Strom, and have a buddy with a Nord, and we've switched bikes for a few miles. Really they're very similar, I had done a lot of offroad mods, so they were outfitted differently, but these do just fine on a good dirt road, and are great fun on the pavement. The riding position is perfect. I think the capo is good enough at most things you could live with it as your only bike; track days, commuting; touring, twisties and dirt roads. Having one bike is less fun that bunches of them though.

#4 ·
Wow, we stayed at a Comfort Inn last weekend, had an in room hot tub, full on ocean view, gas fireplace and a king sized bed......it was pretty stormy so the surf was up good. Looked neat

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.