Motorcycle Forums banner

First profitable year for Big Dog

7K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  ironmike 
#1 ·
The Big Dog models are great for the market they appeal to. Highly customized showbikes aren't my bag but they are for a lot of folks. God bless 'em. I'm glad BDM is making money. They're doing it right and have outlasted even the mighty Titan.

Here's another AMerican M/C company that is certainly building soemthing different from the standard fair. Check it out. I'd like to hear what others think of this companies products.

http://www.sundiroinc.com

#2 ·
I think Big Dog's gone and hired one of Enron's ex-accountants to do their books. I live in the capital of chopper ostentatiousness, and about the only Big Dogs I see around here are on the bottom of Shaquille O'Neal's legs. If I'm wrong, then more power to 'em. But I seriously doubt it.

#3 ·
I live right near their factory and I can tell you that they are moving the bikes out of there at a pretty fast rate. They could be just sitting in show rooms once they leave. One thing is for sure though, they are leaving! Regarding their accountant, who knows? I'm sure there is a little self promotion involved in their press releases. Even if you don't like clones, they are at least well made and marketed. I hope they make it. Their head honcho is a true visionary with a great background in manufacturing.

Also, I can buy one at or below list. Who really wants to get bent over by a competitor for an extra 5 grand over list. That doesn't even include the extras that are all ready on a BD.

#4 ·
Words of infinite wisdom and thought:

"I think Big Dog's gone and hired one of Enron's ex-accountants to do their books."

Why would you "think" that? Which logical process did you use for that conclusion?

"I live in the capital of chopper ostentatiousness, and about the only Big Dogs I see around here are on the bottom of Shaquille O'Neal's legs."

I bet you never saw lots of things. That doesn't negate their existance nor their validity.

"If I'm wrong, then more power to 'em. But I seriously doubt it. "

You're wrong, and I have little doubt of that.

The only question that remains is what posessed you to post such nonsense?

#5 ·
Jeeze, lighten up, Longride.

All he said, really, is that based on his observations, he doubts the accuracy of the press release.

It is not unreasonable to question claims which contradict your own experience. Especially when those claims are made by an interested party.

Even if his glib language reflects little thought, his instinct isn't all bad.

#6 ·
Oh longride! Once again you demonstrate to the world what a simpleton you are. Have you ever heard of the use of sarcasm to make a point?

As far as my never seeing "lots of things", I do have to admit I've yet to see anything you've written that sounds remotely intelligent.

Since you've previously postulated that you are what you misspell, then I have to question your very "existance." What a shame; you're so much fun to make fun of!

#8 ·
If one were to read between the lines...

..It may be that the 49% sales increase reflects those bike sold to their "selectively expanded dealer network" and actual retail sales to individual customers are somewhat less than that percentage. I don't doubt that an overall improvement in retail sales is likely, but I haven't seen a noticeable increase of these bikes on the street.

#10 ·
Big deal...49%over what? I've never seen a big doggie on the road. I may have seen it at Street Vibrations but wouldn't be able to tell...then again that doesn't mean it was on "the road" to get there either. I also know that these high priced customs are getting harder ander to insure. My brother, a Harley guy tried out the Ultra and Illusion customs and is back on a Harley. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure these are great bikes if you have the cash and a one of is what you want... but like a lot of these companies...I'd feel at risk that they are gonna fold or file bankruptcy sooner or later.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.