Motorcycle Forums banner
41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
3,640 Posts
The girl's a little "girthy" with those bags, dont'cha think?

You need to get a custom tag with "J-Lo".

I call my buddies V-Strom "Aunt Fannie," after the character in "Robots." He doesn't laugh.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Mea Culpa

The girl's a little "girthy" with those bags, dont'cha think?

You need to get a custom tag with "J-Lo".

I call my buddies V-Strom "Aunt Fannie," after the character in "Robots." He doesn't laugh.
It's scary you said that. This morning I dropped the kid at school. A lady was blocking the entrance to the drop off area, and I went to scoot around her. My bag kissed the corner of her bumper. She pulled over for the big accident investigation scene. There was a miniscule paint scrape on her side, and a tiny streak of paint on my bag. The bag mark wiped off. She's going to see how much the "repair" to her car will be and get back to me.

Sheeit.

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
WTF do you expect, you live in Flaaarida. Half the people there are retired NYC lawyers, you'll be buying her a new bumber for the Caddie before it's over....

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
It's starting to look a bit like a Victory Vision, don't ya think? Maybe we should send him a space cadet glass bowl helmet to wear on it.
with a tinfoil lining to keep the CIA from tracking him.........

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
Apparently I'm not the only one who finds the Givi bags to be a little wide out back!

LiveLeak.com - News crew capture impatient Motorcyclist mishap

Or, was the DL rider just demonstrating the "quick detach" feature?
That is too funny. I cut between a couple of gas pumps and clipped my multistrada case on my buddies exhaust pipe. He started laughing thinking I was screwing around while he was filling up. I was thinking if I had two matching 3" stickers so the bags would still match. Duc paint sure is soft and shallow.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Duc paint sure is soft and shallow.
When I ran my brand spanking new Givi bags along the corner of this lady's bumper at my son's elementary school, it left this big long white streak. I was crushed, $700 of new bags trashed almost the day I put them on. But, that rubbery stuff Givi puts on the side of the bags is amazing! Some Mother's plastic treatment and a little elbow grease; it's like nuttin never happened, yeah, nuttin...wasn't even there that day...

·
Premium Member
1,900 Posts
I went straight though to the plastic, white plastic, btw. The bags were a backorder nightmare and there was no chance at even a replacement lid. Hey look, CRG stickers from my bar-end mirrors. I told the guy that bought the bike and he was just happy to get luggage for the thing in the first place.

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
Custom Paint!

Speaking of Givi saddlebags, I customized them to integrate with the rest of the bike. If you've never worked with Color-rite.com, I suggest you try them the next time you need to paint your bike or an accessory. Very helpful people, great products, and a perfect color match to the original paint. Here's a photo of my bags with their newly painted panels:

Attachments

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
Speaking of Givi saddlebags, I customized them to integrate with the rest of the bike. If you've never worked with Color-rite.com, I suggest you try them the next time you need to paint your bike or an accessory. Very helpful people, great products, and a perfect color match to the original paint. Here's a photo of my bags with their newly painted panels:
Great. Now all you need is a color matched helmet and jacket and pants and a girlfriend with color matched gear and then you can find a group of Wingers to ride with. I think they are all color matched too.

·
Registered
4,129 Posts
[email protected]& you andthe bike you rode up on, B*ttm*nch.
I have a helmet that resembles the paint on my bike. seruzawa apparently believes it's a bad thing to take pride in your paint scheme. My jacket matches my company logo (which is hand painted on my bike), too. Does that make me lame? I think not. I just liked the look and figured others may like it, too.

seruzawa, if you ride a bike with black in it and you own a helmet with black on it would your previous statement apply? If so, I know some Angles that may have an issue with that statement.

41 - 60 of 73 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.