Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I don't know.... Personally, I think if you're looking for a bad-ass, Mad Max look, you probably can't go wrong with the Icon TiMax Long Gauntlet gloves. I tried them on at my local Honda dealer, and was surprised at how comfortable they actually were (granted, I only had them on for a minute or two, and can't vouch for their actual riding comfort), and they certainly seem likely to provide you with a sh*tload of protection should you bite it. Plus, I think they look crazy cool. The only thing that makes me nervous about them is that all that titanium flapping around, and especially the rivets in the palm, just look like a prime opportunity to scratch the hell out of your bike if you don't pay attention to where you put your hand.

I think the Joe Rocket Speedmaster gloves are pretty cool looking too, and the venting seems like a great idea, especially here in balmy Dallas, TX, where it's just not summer if the temperatures don't go into the triple-digits for 100 days straight. As race gloves though, I wonder if they'd hold up to daily / frequent use.

Anybody have any experience with either of these gloves, especially long-term use? Anybody unfortunate enough to have crash-tested these things?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Re: Love this place!

Here's a deal on last year's Teknic Violator model off New Enough, should offer better protection than the Street Fighter gloves, especially around the wrist area. I know I went down once when I was just beginning to learn to ride (practicing panic stop at around 15 - 20 mph) and locked up the rear wheel and did a low-speed highside [a highly overrated experience ;) ], and landed on my hands wearing just regular leather gloves, and in addition to my palms being bruised and my fingers jammed, my wrist was killing me for days. It wasn't broken, but definitely sprained. As a result, I tend to hold good wrist support / protection in high esteem when looking over a pair of gloves.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I never thought about this, but I asked around a little at my local CycleGear if they knew anyone who had "crash-tested" them, and the guys said that they knew someone who had, and the metal plates had gotten extremely hot, and given him some very nasty burns. So I guess they're not the best idea after all.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.