Registered
11,491 Posts
Re: Florida: Police Hope to Seize Motorcycles Without Trial

Brother! Welcome!

·
Registered
11,491 Posts
Re: Unconstitutional!

The man who would be his own Lawyer has a Fool for a Client. No matter his Intelligence or Aptitude for the Law.

The Court System: Proof Perpetual Motion can indeed be harnessed.

Pay UP, Sucka!

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

No longer taught?

I spent an entire Semester in Jr. High on the U.S. and MO-State Constitution. It was REQUIRED to take it, like it or lump it - nobody escaped.

Now you tell me they no-longer teach the Law of The Land?

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

Say you're exceeding the speed-limit in morning rushhour traffic. Better yet; let's say you're lane-splitting, because you're running a bit late for work. You don't notice Sgt. Friendly of the FLHP is "shadowing" you - because lane-splitting isn't legal - but he's 10 or 15 cars back and can't get on your tail to perform a traffic-stop.

You get to an "open" area, past that "damn gridlock", and accelerate to 68 in a 55mph zone, then taper-off to 62mph. 2 miles later, you signal and get off at your exit. Most of the traffic is turning left at the bottom of the ramp, but the right lane is clear - just where you want to go. A quick right, some judicious accelerating and braking - you're at the Office; Safe and Sound, none the wiser.

But Sgt. Friendly WAS going to stop you - he just couldn't get close enough. Once HE gets through the traffic-jam, he buries the pedal to catch up with you, only he didn't see that you had taken the next exit until he catches a glimpes of YOUR Moto, speeding into the distance on the cross street JUST as he's crossing the Overpass. But, he DID take down your tag number.

Later that night, right in the middle of Dinner, you receive a knock at your door. It's Sgt. Friendly, with a huge grin on his face, standing on your front step. In the street behind him, there's a "Rollback" flatbed wrecker.

HE: "Mr. mii54ws, do you own a Suzuki GSXR1000, Florida tag number 123-ABC, VIN JS123456789?"

YOU: "Why, YES, Yes I DO! Is there a problem Officer?"

HE: "May I see Motorcycle, Sir?"

YOU: "Sure, it's in the Garage................?"

You show the nice Sgt. the bike, he looks it over then says "Mr. mii54ws, You are Under Arrest for Felony Evasion, Reckless Endangerment, Exhibition of Speed, and anything else I can think of on the way down to Booking. Place your hands against the wall, and spread your legs, shoulder-length apart. You have the Right to Remain Silent.........."

YOU: "HUH? What? I never!! WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!!!!"

HE: "Mr. mii54ws, Are you Resisting Arrest?"

Come on now, mii54ws. Grow Up. It'll NEVER happen to You.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

Sometimes. Sometimes I'm a Librarian.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

Oh yeah - I don't suppose I need to tell you what the Rollback is for, eh?

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

Fart You, you Fartin' Farter! You can Fartin' kiss my Keister, I don't Fartin' give a Fart............

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

Motorcycle = "Instrument of Crime".

Anything above 50-70cc is capable of breaking the speed limit (eventually!). Therefore, mere possession of one should be akin to being caught with a trunkful of hashish-residued Hookahs and a LAWS rocket, O.J. Simpson's pocketknife, and Jimmy Haffa's Teamster's Ring hangin' from your rearview..........

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

Well, technically the rates ARE rising if you've never had one before, and suddenly some Hoon on a GSXR1000 ballistic's his way through the skinny part of a Yugo.

Just ask the Kook - it's all taught in Statistics 101 and Logic 202 at the Ashtray-Engineer's College of Hard Knocks.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

It wouldn't surprise me to find mention of the Bill of Rights to be banned in our schools alongside the Ten Commandments.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

Sure. Chainmail. Long, raven-coloured hair. Steely glint in one eye, lip raised in a half-snarl. Razorsharp Hand-and-a-half Sword in one hand, Unabridged Webster's in the other (You know how much them suckers weigh? There's a REASON they put 'em up on them pedestals........).

Much like "George 'The Animal' Steele", I have little trouble out of Third-Graders during Story Hour.

(For those too young to remember - George Steele was a ProWrestler about 25-30 years ago. His "Shtick" was, he'd "bite through" the corner turnbuckle pads, then "tear out the stuffing" and smack his opponents' heads against 'em. He also conducted "Interviews" with snarls and gutteral grunts as his reply, oft pawing at some Brolly that was standing-by as set-decoration)

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

Doh! George was also a Gradeschool Teacher in the "off season", heheh!

Sorry, forgot to include that little factoid.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

It has been brought to my attention that, of the last 4 or 5 derogatory comments I've made about someone on a sportbike, that I've unfairly used as my example the GSXR1000 in each of them. I'm deeply sorry for that, as it was not my intention to single-out all GSXR riders as being Squidly and Irresponsible.

I swear from this moment forward to attempt an equal representation of Hayabusa, CBR1000RR, ZX-10 Ninja, R1, Mille/Tuono and 749/999 Hoons, as well as the grossly under-represented Jackanapes and Assclowns on their 600cc Supersport Girlie-bikes.

Pray forgive my Err.

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

Have you ever had one nearly asspack you with his Cruiser because he was SO certain you were gonna run, that he attained High-Warp Velocity before dropping in behind you and hitting the lights and siren?

He had to "lock 'em up" and make some Big Smoke to keep from doing so -- Scared me, scared him, scared the surrounding traffic into stopping completely in the middle of the Interstate......... Then he got pfissed about it because I *DID* stop immediately, but couldn't find anything on me other than "I was pacing you at over 75mph" (while he was closing on my ~55-57mph in a 55 zone). He let me go with just a "warning" (but not even a warning ticket - at the end of the month; "Quota Time").

Many are Good Cops. Some are Idiots. ALL of them suffer from Delusions of Grandeur ("Kook's Syndrome") at one time or another, but some never "snap out of it".

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

Congratulations. You may Die Happy now.

(at least you didn't just post "First!", you'll probably do O.K. here)

·
Registered
11,491 Posts

I like Beer.

It makes me a Jolly-Good Fellow!

I like Beer.

It helps me Unwind, and sometimes it makes me feel Mellow.......................

1 - 16 of 16 Posts