Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
No joke. He had a decent television bio before he came up with his most famous Food Network show, "Good Eats." Combining the chemistry and history of food with old-school home cooking knowhow and his culinary degree, the end product is like Bill Nye the Science Guy meets Julia Child. And it's about the only thing I'll watch every week, other than sports.

I think he's only been riding for a few years, but I'm looking forward to the show. At leaast it's not yet another round of choppers or stuntaz.

·
Registered
328 Posts
Not sure how long he's been riding, now I've thought about it - I remembered reading an interview recently where Alton mentioned that he'd started riding to work a few years earlier.

I remember the SV as well - that was a long time back, the Chocolate Chip cookies episode, I think.

Anyway, if "Feasting on Asphalt" is half as much fun as everything else he's done, it'll be great.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Re: Food TV's Alton Brown's Ride to Eat Series.

Alton Brown was shown riding a motorcycle (a SV650) on his "Good Eats" show for the first time two years ago and the show was titled "Circle of Life" (about donuts). The "Good Eats" series have been on the Food Network since 1999 and for the past six years it has consistently ranked as a top 10 show on this network.

Here's a link on Brown's site about his new show, "Feasting on Asphalt" and a bit about the route he took from Georgia to the West Coast:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.