Motorcycle Forums banner

Based on what you see, is this bike marketed right and priced right?

• Yes, I'd consider to buy it if I could

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • I dont know

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • its too much compared other M109Rs with less than 1000 miles in same exc. condition

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Its too much compared to what i can afford or am willing to spend

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
NADA suggested list is 12,399. so the price is fair. However MO has a fairly sophisticated audience so your overhyped Cal Worthington-style ad will probably have the opposite effect of what you intended.

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
All sales made to trailer park residents.
Did you ever see the Biography on Crazy Eddie? It was great, he was a complete scam with fake inventory and he rode it all the way to taking the company public.

"Eddie Antar was investigated by the SEC for suspicion of manipulation of financial books and earnings. Antar fled and lived as a fugitive for a while, during which time the government issued a $73 million judgement against him. He surfaced in Israel, and was extradited to the US in 1992. Eddie Antar finally pled guilty in 1996 for conspiracy and racketeering and spent seven years in prison."

·
Aging Cafe` Racer
8,715 Posts
I thought it looked nice enough in a Buck Rodgers kinda' way.

He said for business tax reasons which is code for "He got his ass handed to him and now the IRS wants the shirt off his back".......

·
The Toad
17,458 Posts
You guys are too harsh. I'd put the M109 on the top ten list of motorcycles I sort of like but would never buy. It's top dollar, but a lot of used bikes are going for premium prices in various locations. He'd be dumb to not at least try for a good price. Or do the rest of you say, "I'm selling my old bike. I think i'll discount it deeply for the next guy because I reject capitalistic bourgeoisie values." I doubt it.

Maybe anrajala or wallace666 will go for it. And it looks right up Gluge's alley!

·
Snuggles
4,369 Posts
It doesn't have a large enough engine for Anrajala. Anrajala demands nothing less than 2000cc of engine. Engine size means "quality" and "performance". If you have a large engine all of your friends know you aren’t a loser riding a loser bike.

·
Registered
901 Posts
NADA pricing for the 2006 is $10,750 for average retail. This bike is also listed on eBay for the same price it's listed at here ($10,399). It's located in Lenexa, KS. There's a blue 2006 with 1039 miles with a $9,700 buy-it-now price, and a black 2006 with 1512 miles with a $10,599 buy-it-now price. There is also a black 2006 with 1725 miles at no reserve that's currently at $6,850 and has two days left on the auction. I'd prefer my bike in black, so personally I wouldn't be looking at this one. But it's not a bad buy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.