Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,875 Posts
Thanks MO, for talking DIRT!

Just wanted to send some kudos for printing dirt news, although, by the lack of response, it appears most of your viewers couldn't care less. How about some GNCC, Enduro, and trials news?

Heck, i may even contribute to the cause!

Pete P.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I just got back from Glen Helen, and Hughes was there riding. The bike looks cool, I guess. The first view I got was the tailpipe. I'm not kidding, I assumed it was just another Yamaha jumping past me, but the damn bike was red and white. He looked pretty smooth. To answer your question, they already have plenty of photos.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Re: Thanks MO, for talking DIRT!

The 2002 MX bikes are gonna be sweet. If they can get the weights of the 4 strokes down to 2 stroke territory, they will dominate everywhere, but 5 lbs seems to be alot on tight tracks, take SX for instance, the 426 doesnt come close to dominating, unless you put RC on one.

·
Registered
166 Posts

Dirt's cool, I'd post more if regarding dirt articles if there were more dirt related stories (with pictures - I'm a simple street rider... i like pictures;-).

Actually dirt is becoming more attractive as law enforcement becomes more difficult around here and traffic volumes go up on the twisties. Something about hitting the dirt on a dirt bike when you screw up rather than an SUV.

On that subject - anyone got any ideas on how to transform my ancient (83) xl500 front drum into a disk setup... or do I have to find a full front end and wheel setup?

·
Registered
350 Posts

That's good to hear. We have some dirt stuff in the immediate future. For instance, we raced the Glen Helen 6-hour with Cycle World's brian Catterson on a Yamaha YZ250F. Story should be around next week or so.

'Till then...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.