Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Well, the offer sounds great if you happen to use that size front. Which I happen to use.

I just picked up an FZ-6. Don't need tires yet, but maybe this offer is good enough to just keep the set around? It would take time to ship the front, anyway. (And it's not completely free: $20 shipping.) I've never ridden on the Pirellis. Anyone tried them? How would they suit the Yammy?

·
Registered
235 Posts
I've been using pirellis on my 2000 vfr since about May 2003. Comparably sticky to pilot sport michelins but much better tread wear. My last 180 rear tire gave me about 9000km. That includes a lot of high-speed straight line running. (gotta search high and low for the curvy roads here in Alberta).

Work well in water and the bike felt a lot more stable leaned over than it did with dunlops. Sounds like a hell of a deal. Buy the set and keep them until you need them.

·
Registered
20 Posts
According to the Pirelli web site, the coupon will be available on the 15th of January. So wait two more days and it should be there..

Seems like a great deal!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Have had them on My Buell Cyclone for about 2000 miles and about 6 months. Much better than the Dunlop 205's they replaced. Much stickier, and they turn-in much better. I expect them to last about 5000 miles, which is pretty good, as the much harder 205's lasted about 6000 miles. This is with a 500 lb. bike, 200 lb. rider, and 80+ ft./lbs of torque @ 3000 rpm. On My next go-around, I would either buy the Pirellis or D208's - but not because there is anything wrong with the Pirelli's! Dunlops are just what the Buell Dealer carries in Inventory...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Check out their privacy (or should it be publicity) statement. Not only will they share your info (name, phone number, email, address), but they will also sell it to others not affiliated with Pirelli.

my privacy is already compromised enough with spam, telemarketers and junk mail that i will spend the extra cash to avoid even more unsolicited offers.

·
Registered
80 Posts
boy, you said it! not only is it an all-inclusive excuse to sell your name/email to anyone they want, it's riddled with spelling and grammar errors! if their tires are as bad as their English, i think i'll pass!

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Yes indeed... We tried the Pirelli Diablos last December at the U.S. press launch. The review is listed in our products section, or you can just click here.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I recently cut up my airmiles card for that very reason. Don't need people tracking my spending habits. Approximate value of an airmile: 15 cents. My privacy is definitely worth more than that.

That is how these companies make the money back on special offers, by selling your privacy. You are correct.

But...

I'd do it for a free Pirelli.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Ah yes! Excellent review. I'd forgotten that I had already read that. Pretty close to the Dunlops on the bike now.

When is someone going to make my ideal tire? You know, the one that'll take the superslab for a few hundred miles as I trek from my Bay Area home down to lala land, with the occasional hop from 101 to 1 for some peg scraping? Without getting center burn that ruins steering feel? Oh, yeah, and it needs to commute in the rain.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.