Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Ah, the wonders of....

Dang and they got "free" healthcare.

And 50% unemployment in those poor areas.
... a society controlled by unions. No jobs for the young. No hope. It's a wonder they don't riot more often.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Maybe if the French weren't...

And people want a nanny state here too. So when the nanny isn't giving you all you think you 'deserve', then rip the streets up and scream louder until you get it. Coming soon to a neighborhood near you!
...taxed to death to provide millions of useless govt union jobs they would have extra $ in their pockets. They might then spend that $ which would stimulate their moribund economy and thus provide jobs and then there might be fewer bored kids sitting around with nothing to do.

An added bonus would be watching all those worthless lazy incompetent govt employees going out trying to sell their "skills" in the private sector.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
No need for those pesky unions here, just look at Wal*Mart, they get by just fine without them. They even offer retirement and health and dental benifits to all full time employees, of course almost everyone there is part time and don't qualify but what the hell, it gives them something to hope for. They even support volunteerism, if by some chance your hours approach that inconvienient union won 40 hour work week, why just clock out and get back to work on your own time...that coupled with the "don't get sick" medical plan and the "take time off and you're fired" vacation plan makes for a model of Capitolism we all should be proud of.

I know if it wasn't for that darn union I belong to taking 0.53% of my wages every month to pay for some fat cat's Lincoln and doing nothing except negotiating an excellent medical, dental, retirement and wage package for me and my union brothers that I'd probably make TWICE as much just by asking for it, I mean the company I work for is making record profits based on building the worlds leading aircraft space and defence products....I'm sure they'd treat us to the same generous bonus's upper managment gets because we're nice guys too.

If only those blood sucking unions would quit interfering..............
Oh, they are reducing interference more and more each year already. The only US union sector experiencing growth is govt employees. Expect the USA to go like France with astronomical unemployment rates as govt unions amass more power. We are already seeing the results of the devastation wrought by the teacher's unions. Costs skyrocket like Hillary's commodities investments and quality drops faster than Bill's trousers.

Govt employees. Now there's a group of people the union pioneers of the 19th Century would be proud to call brother. (eyes rolling)

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
I think Seru was referring to public employees unions.

You actually do something. Sometimes.....
Why real union guys would want to be associated with govt "worker" unions is a mystery to me. Not a good way to sell yourself as someone who deserves high pay and good benefits. Quite the opposite.

Who would you call to fix your boiler the local union guy or the govt union guy?

Oh, wait, you got that chick at the real estate place to fix you boiler yesterday, right?

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
I think it...

..I wonder when we here in the US of A started hating the French? After all, the French backed us in our Revolution against England, gave us the Statue of Liberty, loaned us a few excellent commanding generals in the war of 1812, negotiated peace between the indigenous Indians and white settlers, let us purchase half of the gulf states for peanuts...etc..etc..even in modern times were avaition-automobile pioneers and stood shoulder to shoulder fighting faschisim. In both world wars France had close ties to the United States, before and after. When did we start hating each other?

Did it have anything to do with the '57 Renault Daulphene? That car could start a conflict on it's own.
...was "Le Car" that started the previous round. Then when things were starting to simmer down they had to go and import the Renault Alliance.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Umm....

As far as I can tell, it really got going when the French had the good sense not to follow Dubya into that asinine Iraqi mess. BTW, they were right there with us for Gulf War 1, as were our other allies.

This issue bothers me too; many of the basic principles on which our nation was founded came directly from the French. Ok, so they needed our help to end the WW1 stalemate, and got overrun by the Nazis. The French Resistance was remarkable and effective. The French did a fairly good job of divesting themselves of their colonial role; albeit not as smoothly as the British.

French chicks are cool. Mirage jets are way cool. The Panhard line of autos were vastly superior to anything competing with them. VIVE Le' France, or something like that.
... Twas the US revolution that set the world on fire and ended thousands of years of aristocratic rule. Left to the froggies alone they'd have never had Bastille Day.

Anyhoo, don't believe the propaganda. I've had several relatives visit France recently and they tell me that they had no trouble with America haters. The news doesn't tell you what the average European thinks of the US. All those stories are designed to support ABCNBCNPRCBSCNNMCNBC's favored political party. Europe's lefty elites hate us but the only way to make them like us would be to declare the USA a Soviet Republic and follow them into the trash heap of history. I'm very happy to be hated by a buncha abject euro cowards.

If the French people were all a buncha whiny cowardly lefty fops then Sarkozy wouldn't be in the driver's seat.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
The USA...

Yeah, I read that on Moveon.org too! :rolleyes:
.... keeps plans on file for attacking just about every country on Earth. The Germans have plans to attack Russia and France. Every country does this.

I hear all this moveon crap from my wife's relatives. Funny how they were all silent when Clowntoon was murdering Serbs to protect the strategic mines in the Balkans.... er I mean covering up his sexual escapades er wait that's not it... oh I've got it he was resisting ethnic cleansing, yeah, that's it. Ethnic cleansing. LOL! Funny how he didn't lift a finger against the ethnic cleansing in Rwanda even though they begged for help. No scandal to cover up at the time.

All wars are about economics. Except Clowntoon's. His were simply to cover up his crimes. A far worse motivation than protecting strategic interests.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Ha!

Oh gee, Bill got a BJ in the White House and gets impeached. Bush invades and occupies a sovereign nation that was no threat to us, kills hundreds of thousand of civilians and what, 4,000 US soldiers, makes us look like Nazis to the rest of the world, and generally destroys the US economy along the way (the shyt is just beginning to hit the fan, I assure you), and you come up with a BJ. Nice going, I wouldn't try to explain Bush's actions either.
How many people does a criminal president have to murder to be unacceptable? I guess the few thousand corpses Clowntoon left laying about is perfectly fine, eh? As long as he's got that "D" behind his name you guys just loooove a murderer. Heck, how long has KKK member Robery Byrd been around? Or the murderer Kennedy? Oh wait, I forgot. He only murdered one girl. Perfectly acceptable to democrats apparently.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Oh.....

If you honestly can't perceive a difference in how this nation operates and what our political situation is today versus how it did when Clinton was President, then there's nothing I can say to change your mind. As far as I'm concerned, it's night and day. The last election seems to show a lot of other Americans think so too, including Republicans. And it will take a major, major, f-up for the Dems to lose the 08 election.

People are figuring out these bozos are evil, self serving hypocritical bastards who don't even pretend to obey the law or have principles. They're sick of it, and their voting reflects it.
...I perceive a difference alright. The libs run full tilt towards totalitarianism the neo-cons just jog.

Show me where the libs have done anything effective to stop the destruction of rights engineered by the neocon's WOT.

Answer: Nowhere.

Both parties want total control. The future is completely irrelevant to both gangs. The few voices of reason on both sides are drowned out in a sea of corruption.

Algore is making $100million this year, personally, on his GW campaign. All the while with a bigger personal carbon footprint than a small town. Creating "Utopia" pays pretty well doesn't it? How easy for a college droput to sell himself as a scientific genius. LOL!

Time to see the libertarian light. To hell with foreign wars, victimless crimes and omnibus federal programs. Both major parties are entirely controlled by big moneyed interests, no matter how they might try to pretend otherwise. Cons = big pharmna, big oil. Libs = big enviro, big bureaucracy. Heck, stellar psycho George Soros (WWII war criminal who helped Nazis find and deport his fellow Jews) owns the Democrats, lock stock and barrel. George: "Jump, Hillary." Hillary: "How high?"

Follow the money. You can't honestly believe there's a nickel's difference between the two parties. After all, where's all the action that Bill took to curb the current credit expansion based "prosperity"? There are no such actions. Both parties have been neck deep in this national corruption.

·
The Toad
17,461 Posts
Kenneth, you have to understand where Seruzawa and myself are coming from. Yes, we/I believe Bush has screwed things up rather well. I don't think either of us voted for him on either election (I know I didn't). But, the fact is Clinton set the stage for where we are at currently and Bush just decided to crank it up to 11 when he got here. Neither was/is a good president (both have a LOT of blood on their hands), and until people stop voting for the two main parties, we will continue to have used drunken fishermen running this ship.

Pretty much the motto is: Hate Republicans, Loathe Democrats.

P.S.
If I could find a way to move this thread to a "political" section of the forum, I would. Just can't figure it out.
I'm glad you didn't use the term "drunken sailor". As a proud ex-drunken sailor I take umbrage at being compared to republicrat spendthrifts. I'll bet sarnali feels the same way too. We never spent our kids' future earnings.

Beware the wrath of squids of ages past.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts